Horlicks Wizkids’ contest winners to visit New ZealandNovember 25th, 2010 - 8:05 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Nov 25 (IANS) Four school students, including three from India and one from Sri Lanka, were declared winners of the ‘Horlicks Wizkids South Asia 2010′ inter-school literary and cultural festival Thursday. They will visit New Zealand on an international exchange programme.
About 60 students from India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Nepal participated in the final contest, organised by EduMedia India Ltd in association with GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare, the maker of health food drink Horlicks.
Vibha Mohan from Carmel High School in Bangalore, Vikhe Patil from Memorial School in Pune, Siddhanth Dubey from Bellabong High Schools in Bhopal and Nicole Muiier from Asian International School in Sri Lanka were the four winners.
“The Horlicks Wizkids is a unique concept to encourage individual performance and team spirit through a variety of action-packed competitions on diverse extra-curricular areas such as music, literature, dance, singing, writing, speaking, creativity, talent, art and design,” EduMedia managing director Syed Sultan Ahmed said on the occasion.
As part of the evaluation, all the 60 finalists participated in project presentations, interviews, group discussions, games, psychometric tests and other evaluation methods.
The winners were judged by an eminent panel comprising former Indian hockey team captain Ashish Ballal, theatre person and actress Lilette Dubey, Pakistan deputy high commissioner for India Zulfiqar Gardezy, National Institute of Design acting dean S. Ghoshal, Bharat Scouts & Guides secretary (Karnataka) M.A. Khalid and Karnataka Power Corporation Ltd (KPCL) general manger M.B. Jairam.
In the run-up, the pre-final events were held in 22 cities across the four countries in which about 200,000 students participated, beginning in India in July and concluding in Pakistan early this month.
Three students from Pakistan - Wajee Sultan, a Class 11 student of Lahore, Maidah Khalid, Class 12 student in Islamabad and Samar Haroon, Class 11 student of Karachi also participated in the finals.
- 60 South Asian students to take part in cultural fiesta - Nov 23, 2010
- Indian quiz contest for kids being held in Pakistan - Nov 01, 2010
- Fans predicting Indian win - Apr 01, 2011
- Delhi opens whole new world for Jaffna's 'war born' - Aug 20, 2011
- India grants scholarships to Sri Lankan students - Jan 19, 2012
- World Cup Roll of Honour - Apr 01, 2011
- Abhirath, Jehan dazzle in final round of Rotax Karting - Sep 03, 2011
- Pakistan names cricket squad for T20 World Cup - Jul 18, 2012
- Maiden win for Ameya Bafna in Rotax Karting - Jul 10, 2011
- Sri Lanka to hold export meet - Mar 08, 2012
- India make clean sweep of SAF TT Team Championships - Jun 18, 2012
- British Council teaches students French language in Rajkot - Nov 29, 2010
- St. Joseph's students sweep varsity quiz contest - Jul 21, 2011
- India win Bangladesh Open golf, Manav leads in solo - Feb 02, 2012
- Haryana proposes teacher evaluation - Jul 18, 2011
Tags: carmel high school, curricular areas, dubey, eminent panel, evaluation methods, glaxosmithkline consumer healthcare, india pakistan, indian hockey, inter school, jairam, kpcl, music literature, national institute of design, project presentations, psychometric tests, sultan ahmed, theatre person, vibha, wizkids, zulfiqar