Hooka bars again banned in GurgaonJuly 6th, 2012 - 11:16 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, July 6 (IANS) The district magistrate (DM) of Gurgaon Friday again invoked Section 144 of the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC) for banning hooka bars in the district, an official said.
“Hooka bars are serving tobacco molasses containing nicotine which is injurious to people’s health, especially college students and youth. Young people are being spoilt by these illegally-run hooka bars,” said the orders issued here Friday by DM P.C. Meena.
“Taking the health hazards of tobacco and nicotine into account, the operations of hooka bars have been prohibited in the entire district with immediate effect,” the orders added.
The orders have been sent to the district police and health authorities for strict compliance.
- 'Hookah bars' banned in Gurgaon - Nov 28, 2011
- Hookah bars banned in Gurgaon - Apr 04, 2012
- Maharashtra among top tobacco consumers in India - Jun 15, 2012
- Punjab bans gutka, pan masala - Aug 27, 2012
- Omar's troubles persist -- now over his remedy - Nov 28, 2011
- Honda strike anniversary: Curbs on protests in Manesar - Jul 24, 2012
- SHOs to ensure essential commodities to local residents: J-K Police - Sep 19, 2010
- Congress holds massive protest in Lucknow - Jun 27, 2011
- Omar speaks to Khurshid over custodial death - Oct 09, 2011
- BSF stage march in Shillong - Apr 25, 2012
- Controversial guru Nityananda sent to day's judicial custody (Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- Restore terminated Maruti workers: Trade unions - Aug 17, 2012
- Former Jharkhand minister sent to judicial custody - Oct 30, 2009
- Haryana ex-legislator surrenders after 3-week stand-off - May 27, 2011
- Pro-Maoist group's spokesman in our custody, admits police - Sep 04, 2010