Hooda invited to attend Clinton Global Initiative meetNovember 23rd, 2008 - 2:41 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Nov 23 (IANS) Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda has been invited to attend the Clinton Global Initiative (CGI) meet, which has been “designed to foster philanthropic culture in the dynamic and growing region of Asia”, an official said Sunday.CGI was established by Bill Clinton, former US president. The meet will be held at Hong Kong Dec 2-3.
“Bill Clinton has personally written a letter to Hooda inviting him to attend the meeting at Hong Kong. In the letter it is mentioned that this event has been designed to foster philanthropic culture in the dynamic and growing region of the Asia,” said a spokesperson of the Haryana government.
The CGI Asia meeting in Hong Kong is the first CGI meeting to be held outside the US since its inception in 2005.
- Haryana to host World Economic Forum-India summit - Jun 22, 2012
- Rs.60 mn Lord Krishna statue planned at Kurukshetra - Jun 23, 2011
- Chinese president arrives in Hawaii for APEC meeting - Nov 11, 2011
- World Champion Ayouri to play in Chennai snooker event - Jun 16, 2012
- Ex-Japanese PM meets Sheila Dikshit in Delhi - Jan 16, 2011
- Nuclear power or not? Leaders fight it out (Haryana Newsletter) - Jul 20, 2012
- Hooda washes his hands of Kanda - Aug 10, 2012
- Ex-flight attendant kills self, blames Haryana minister (Lead) - Aug 05, 2012
- NCW to probe ex-flight attendant's suicide - Aug 05, 2012
- Haryana increases licence fee on property - Jun 01, 2012
- Haryana Jats call off agitation, to lift railway blockades - Mar 26, 2011
- Haryana bans gutka, pan masala from Aug 15 - Jul 20, 2012
- Jats seek written assurance on quota (Lead) - Mar 26, 2011
- Maruti not shifting from Haryana, Bhargava assures Hooda - Jul 23, 2012
- Trade fair in Mumbai to bring Hong Kong brands to India - Oct 07, 2010