Honour killing: Delhi man stabbed by lover’s brothersJuly 6th, 2012 - 12:41 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 5 (IANS) In a case of honour killing, a 21-year-old man was Thursday stabbed to death by the brothers of his lover who married him against the wishes of her family three months ago, police said.
Ranvir was murdered by Gaurav, 22, and Rahul, 18, in north Delhi’s Mangolpuri area.
“Both the accused were arrested around 4 p.m. Thursday when they approached one of their acquaintance in Mangolpuri,” said police.
“The accused went to the victim’s house this morning and stabbed him after taking him out of the house,” Ranvir’s sister Kavita told police.
Ranvir married Jyoti April 17 and approached a court seeking security, claiming that the two apprehended threat to their lives from their family.
The court called the two families which agreed that they will get the duo married again in accordance with social rituals in presence of a gathering of friends and relatives.
Accordingly, Jyoti went back to her parents’ home. While Ranvir’s family left for Rajasthan.
During interrogation, the accused told police that they were not happy with the proposed inter-caste marriage.
“Yesterday, Ranvir went to their house to meet Jyoti. They opposed this and warned Ranvir not to meet Jyoti till they were formally married,” said the official.
- Elderly women's murder case solved, five arrested - Jul 26, 2012
- Jilted man kills girl - Jan 12, 2012
- Three held for Rs.18 lakh fraud - Mar 18, 2011
- Police book members of Haryana 'khap panchayat' - Feb 05, 2010
- Kanda will be arrested soon, says police (Second Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Three held for killing policeman - Oct 20, 2011
- Two minors gang raped in the capital - Feb 11, 2012
- Married woman, lover held for Delhi murder - May 31, 2010
- Man held for abducting boy, throwing him before train - Feb 03, 2011
- Man kills friend to avoid repaying loan - Jan 25, 2011
- Missing youth's mutilated body found - Jul 31, 2011
- Three of family murdered in Haryana's Sonipat - Apr 20, 2012
- Ex-cop talks of bid to doctor Aarushi's autopsy report - Aug 30, 2012
- Man commits suicide over family disputes - Oct 08, 2011
- Court allows lawyer to defend Jundal - Jul 09, 2012