Honeymoon murder: Accused husband collapses in courtApril 15th, 2011 - 7:44 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 15 (IANS) Indian-origin British businessman Shrien Dewani, accused of plotting the murder of his wife on their honeymoon in South Africa, collapsed in court as he appeared for a bail hearing.
Dewani, 31, was earlier heard mumbling to himself during the hearing at the Westminster magistrates’ court, according to The Sun.
His relatives helped him into a car after the court heard how he had threatened to punch a woman nurse at a psychiatric clinic.
Dewani, accused of ordering the killing of wife Anni, 28, in Cape Town, was arrested for terrorising staff at the clinic and damaging a door frame.
The court was told he threw around the contents of his room after being caught leaving the clinic to call his family.
Hugo Keith, representing the South African government which is seeking his extradition in the murder case, said Dewani shouted at a nurse who said he was “unmanageable”.
He demanded an employee should be sacked before “shouting and crying alternately”.
Keith said Dewani “threatened to punch a female member of staff and instead hit a door”.
Dewani got bail for a few days to stay at a secure hospital.
- Brit-Indian honeymooner collapses after court hearing in London - Apr 15, 2011
- Brit-Indian honeymooner thrown out of London clinic after threatening to 'punch' nurse - Apr 15, 2011
- Brit-Indian honeymooner being held at Bristol clinic under Mental Health Act - Apr 21, 2011
- Brit-Indian honeymooner thrown out of London clinic after hurling plate at patient's door - Apr 13, 2011
- Anni Dewani's South African killer gets 25 years jail - Aug 08, 2012
- Honeymoon murder: Shrien Dewani to be extradited to South Africa - Aug 10, 2011
- Indian woman's honeymoon murder: Police think hubby is gay - Jul 11, 2011
- Brit-Indian honeymooner extradition hearing to include South African experts' evidence - Mar 24, 2011
- "Stressed" Brit-Indian honeymooner fails to attend London extradition hearing - Jan 21, 2011
- Murdered Indian-origin bride's sister wants husband to stand trial in SA, prove his innocence - Jan 25, 2011
- Honeymoon murder: Indian origin accused held for violent outburst - Apr 12, 2011
- Brit-Indian honeymooner arrested following heated argument in London clinic - Apr 12, 2011
- Brit-Indian honeymooner wanted way out of marriage with murdered wife, claims gay escort - May 04, 2011
- Anni Dewani case: Opposing psychiatrists are partners - Sep 02, 2012
- Proceedings to continue against "stressed" Brit-Indian honeymooner over wife's murder case - Jan 22, 2011