Homework on sets, naps between shots ‘normal’ for this kidMarch 5th, 2009 - 10:03 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 5 (IANS) She may not get to do things children her age usually do, like playing with friends every evening, but little Sparsh, who plays a poor kid from the slums in daily soap “Uttaran”, doesn’t mind doing her homework on the sets and napping between shots.
“Why should I? I do everything I want to. I go to school in the mornings. Then shooting takes place in the afternoon. I go to sleep in the car and wake up only when I reach my shoot,” Sparsh told IANS.
And the eight-year-old loves all the attention she gets at school, thanks to the serial that airs on Colors channel.
“My friends in school call me Ichcha or Hichki (her two names in the serial). Between school and the sets, I don’t get tired because there’s enough time to do everything. I do my homework on the sets and take naps between shots. I eat and do masti. In between shots I play with Ishita (her friend in the daily soap),” she said.
Sparsh is a middle-class girl from Ulhasnagar, near Mumbai, who has suddenly been catapulted to fame. But she admits she feels sorry for the character she plays - a girl from the slums who tries hard to be happy with the hand-me-down dresses of the more privileged children.
“I think about the little girl Ichcha, who has none of the things I have. I put myself in her place and then I just do what I have to. Yes, I do feel sorry for Ichcha. But she’s got a loving mama, just like me,” said Sparsh.
Asked where she learnt acting, she replied confidently: “Kahin bhi nahin (from nowhere). I just know what to do and say.”
“Do you really like my performance? I’ve done another serial ‘Mera Sasural’ where I played the role of the heroine’s child, and I play Suniel Shetty uncle’s daughter in the film ‘Red Alert’.”
So is acting in her genes?
Said her mother Sarita: “I really don’t know where she got the talent from. Because we don’t have any other actor in our family.”
(Subhash K. Jha can be contacted at email@example.com)
- 'Uttaran' completes 900 episodes, team celebrates (With Images) - Jun 22, 2012
- 'Uttaran' takes 18-year leap, Tina plays double role - Mar 20, 2012
- Report Card time for Television's Little Stars - May 04, 2010
- Content getting worse on television: Krutika Desai - Sep 25, 2010
- Don't think my husband and I'll work together: Shruti Seth - Apr 08, 2012
- Unlike Balika Vadhu, Kashi has a social message: Jannat - Apr 10, 2010
- I was a rule follower at school: Kristen - Oct 09, 2011
- Look who's caught in SRK-Shirish brawl! - Jan 30, 2012
- Kunis not dating Kutcher - Jul 05, 2012
- Elle Macpherson embarrasses her son - Jul 02, 2012
- I just accept the best options: Narayani Shastri (With Images) - Apr 09, 2012
- Helping slum children dream big - and go to college (Feature) - Nov 21, 2010
- Actresses can't be best friends: Sameera Reddy - Apr 21, 2012
- Eva Mendes would rather be considered funny than sexy - Jan 23, 2011
- Fans are scared of Hritu Dudani of Bandini in real life! - Sep 08, 2010