Homes of two former Jharkhand ministers raidedFebruary 13th, 2009 - 8:56 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Feb 13 (IANS) The vigilance department Friday raided the residences of two former ministers of Jharkhand. Both have been accused of amassing wealth while being in power, officials sources said here.
According to sources, raids were conducted at the homes of Enos Ekka and Harianarayan Rai.
Both were ministers in the last three successive state governments. Former chief minister Shibu Soren had sacked both ministers after a criminal complaint lodged against them in a vigilance court.
Raids were conducted on Ekka’s Ranchi and Simdega district residences and Rai’s Deoghar and Ranchi homes.
The charges against two former ministers in the police complaint include swindling government funds, amassing wealth in illegal way and indulging in conspiracy.
Earlier, Special Vigilance Judge A.K. Singh had ordered the filing of police complaint while hearing a petition filed by Vinod Kumar, a resident of Deoghar district of Jharkhand.
In his petition Kumar had alleged that both Ekka and Rai had amassed wealth since they became legislators and later ministers in 2005.
The petitioner has charged that Ekka, in his affidavit during 2005 assembly elections, had declared Rs.50,000 in cash, investment of Rs.700,000, one bike, a tractor and other things but now he is worth nearly Rs.500 million.
Similarly, the petition alleges that Rai is worth Rs.300 million while he had declared much less during the 2005 assembly elections.
- Ex Jharkhand minister has assets 579 percent of income! - Jan 27, 2012
- Money laundering charges filed against two ex-ministers - Jan 10, 2011
- Former Jharkhand minister quizzed after graft charges - Mar 12, 2009
- Two Jharkhand ex-ministers' arrests sought in graft cases - Jun 26, 2009
- Arrest warrants against two former Jharkhand ministers for graft - Jun 27, 2009
- Charges filed against two former Jharkhand ministers - Nov 19, 2011
- Former Jharkhand ministers abscond as their homes are searched - Jul 02, 2009
- Graft accused former Jharkhand ministers absconding - Jul 12, 2009
- Two former Jharkhand ministers to be quizzed on corruption charges - Aug 20, 2009
- Former Jharkhand minister refused bail in graft case - Sep 04, 2009
- Former Jharkhand minister gets bail in graft case - Dec 13, 2010
- Jailed Jharkhand ex-minister files poll papers - Nov 17, 2009
- Jailed former Jharkhand minister taken to hospital - Aug 22, 2009
- Former Jharkhand minister's bail plea rejected - Aug 29, 2009
- Jharkhand ministers, legislators to declare assets - Jan 03, 2011