Home ministry official shifted for leaking sensitive border informationMay 24th, 2011 - 11:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 24 (IANS) A senior home ministry official facing charges of corruption and leaking sensitive information on border contracts has been transferred from Delhi to his parent cadre Uttar Pradesh.
According to sources, Joint Secretary (Border Management) Sada Kant has been named in an case pertaining to alleged irregularities in the construction of a road in Leh in Jammu and Kashmir.
He is alleged to have misused his official position to favour one of the contractors for the project.
The sources said Kant was sent back to Uttar Pradesh Friday after it was revealed that the Central Bureau of Investigations (CBI) has named in a case under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
“Pending inquiry by the CBI, he has been transferred,” an official said.
However, Kant has denied the allegation, saying he was on leave. “I am not aware of any allegation against me. In my 28-year long career, no wrong-doing has ever been alleged. I am saddened by these allegations,” he told a TV channel.
- CBI grills former home ministry official on graft charges - Jun 20, 2011
- Day after joining BJP, Kushwaha's premises raided (Second Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Akhilesh orders probe against former UP power minister - Jun 02, 2012
- Court reserves judgment on Uttar Pradesh rural health scam - Sep 16, 2011
- Embarrassed over Kushwaha, BJP targets Congress, BSP (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- BJP in Congress line of fire over Kushwaha as CBI raids premises (Fourth Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Five firms face CBI cases, raids in coal blocks allocation (Third Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- Political war erupts as CBI raids Kushwaha's premises (Roundup) - Jan 04, 2012
- BJP in Congress line of fire over Kushwaha as CBI raids premises (Third Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- CWG scam: Former officials remanded to three-days CBI custody - Nov 22, 2010
- Delhi Jal Board officials booked for corruption - Sep 16, 2011
- Ramesh again urges Mayawati for CBI probe in rural jobs scheme - Nov 17, 2011
- CBI not to probe PM in 'coalgate' - Jun 01, 2012
- CBI raids Lalli's premises, files case for CWG corruption (Second Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
- CBI cases, raids against five firms in coal blocks allocation (Fourth Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,