Holmes to become Hilfiger ambassadorApril 19th, 2012 - 8:09 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, April 19 (IANS) Actress Katie Holmes is to become the ambassador of Tommy Hilfiger’s new line, The Promise Collection.
The 32-year-old has teamed up with the designer to promote The Promise Collection, which is part of Hilfiger’s role as a Millennium Development Goal global leader, reports contactmusic.com.
All profits from the range, which will be sold in Tommy Hilfiger stores worldwide as well as online starting late April, will be invested back into Millennium Promise, the charity set up to help achieve the Millennium Development Goals, including to halve extreme poverty by 2015.
The campaign will focus on women’s issues like gender equality, maternal health and universal education.
- Renee Zellweger creates bags for charity - Apr 08, 2011
- Asia-Pacific unlikely to meet hunger, child mortality goals - Feb 17, 2012
- Maternal mortality rate down by half in South Asia: UN - Jul 08, 2011
- Brazilian star Marta's message of women's power in World Cup - Jun 28, 2011
- 920 mn people to remain in extreme poverty by 2015 - Apr 23, 2010
- India on track to meet poverty reduction goal: World Bank - Apr 23, 2010
- India, China have contributed significantly to global poverty eradication: IMF and WB - Apr 17, 2011
- Ronaldo, Zidane to play for Africa famine relief - Sep 27, 2011
- India needs to improve implementation of social schemes - Sep 15, 2010
- 2010 is UN year of Millennium Development Goals - Dec 23, 2009
- Drogba, Zidane join UNDP drive to kick away poverty - Jun 14, 2010
- Combs, Simpson design Christmas tree for charity - Nov 15, 2011
- JLo, Anthony's clothing line to go ahead - Jul 20, 2011
- Tommy Hilfiger intends to carry on designing - Dec 15, 2010
- Party politics affecting development plans: Tharoor - Sep 11, 2010
Tags: actress katie holmes, ambassador, charity, extreme poverty, gender equality, global leader, katie holmes, leader reports, maternal health, millennium development goals, millennium promise, profits, tommy hilfiger, universal education