Hollywood divas and their Oscar’s style statementsFebruary 23rd, 2009 - 6:19 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Feb 23 (IANS) Hollywood divas Angelina Jolie, Kate Winslet and Penelope Cruz stole the limelight with their elegant gowns at the Oscar’s evening.
“Slumdog Millionaire”’s Freida Pinto, who made it to No. 1 on Vogue’s ‘Ten Best Dressed’ list, walked the red carpet in a royal blue John Galliano gown with sequined detailing.
Kate Winslet, who won her first best actress Oscar for “The Reader”, was wearing a stunning Yves Saint Laurent black and blue silk gown.
Penelope Cruz arrived in a white vintage gown with silver embroidery, designed by Pierre Balmain. Cruz received the best supporting actress Oscar for her role in “Vicky Cristina Barcelona”.
Robert Verdi, stylist to many Hollywood stars, loved Cruz’s dress.
“I loved her dress. It’s the perfect prom dress. She looked amazing,” Verdi said, reports mtv.com.
Beautiful Angelina Jolie stuck to her favorite black, offset with eye-catching emerald earrings and arrived arm-in-arm with partner Brad Pitt, who wore a classic tuxedo.
Fashion star Sarah Jessica Parker took up half the red carpet in her frothy over-the-top Dior gown.
Bringing a blast of colour to the red carpet were Natalie Portman, Heidi Klum, Alicia Keys and Daniel Craig’s partner Satsuki Mitchell, all in shades of pink and red, reports daily mail.co.uk.
Freida Pinto’s choice of royal blue did not fetch the approval of some designers.
Indian designer Payal Jain felt that Pinto looked good, but she could have looked even better had she opted for bright colours like red or green.
“The colour was not at all suiting her. The last time when she wore green (at the Golden Globes), she was looking wonderful. I feel that she should have opted for bright colours like green or red that would have looked much better,” Jain said.
Pinto had looked lovely in a light pink off-shoulder gown at the BAFTA awards.
- From films to fashion - Cannes rolls out red carpet for all (With images) - May 23, 2012
- Freida Pinto dazzles on the red carpet of the premiere of 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes' - Jul 29, 2011
- Oscars: Fashion on the Red Carpet-Royal Purples & Fiery Reds - Feb 28, 2011
- Freida doesn't shop at flea markets - Aug 28, 2011
- 2011 Golden Globes Red Carpet Gets Blissfully Elegant - Jan 17, 2011
- Style quotient at Oscars - hits and misses - Feb 28, 2011
- Which movie will sweep away the Oscar 2009? - Feb 23, 2009
- Isabelle Adjani tops Time Magazine's beautiful women list - Feb 09, 2011
- Brad Pitt styles partner Jolie - Feb 11, 2011
- Angelina doesn't pay attention to gossip - Mar 26, 2012
- Indian clothes dominated Filmfare red carpet - Jan 30, 2011
- Jessica Chastain's Oscar dress turns heads - Feb 27, 2012
- SAG Awards 2011 Red Carpet Dominated By Plunging Neckline - Jan 31, 2011
- I would have begged Freida to do 'Trishna': Winterbottom - Nov 26, 2011
- We are just good friends: Freida Pinto - Feb 23, 2009