Hollywood celebrities to release video for ObamaJanuary 17th, 2009 - 1:21 am ICT by IANS
London, Jan 16 (IANS) Hollywood couple Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore are releasing a film of more than 50 Hollywood stars pledging to support US President-elect Barack Obama’s call for unity across America.Kutcher has called on all US citizens to take heed and help Obama to make the changes he has promised, reports contactmusic.com.
“There’s an assumption that this one man is going to take on his new job full-time and somehow wave a magic wand of change, and I don’t believe that to be true,” he said.
He added: “I think that we have to be the leaders, and that’s not celebrities. I think that we as citizens have to be leaders of the movement that we want to create.”
“Desperate Housewives” actress Eva Longoria Parker and “Charlie’s Angels” beauty Lucy Liu are among a host of celebrities who shot segments in which they promise to help out their local community.
The footage is set to premiere on social networking website MySpace.com Jan 19.
- Obamas Community Service call inspires celebs to mend their lifestyles - Jan 16, 2009
- Longoria gets rid of tattoo - Jan 22, 2012
- Ashton, Demi's friendly meeting at pre-Golden Globes bash - Jan 16, 2012
- Longoria throws baby shower for Victoria - May 08, 2011
- Eva enjoying life after divorce - Mar 20, 2011
- Kutcher, Moore launch celebrity video campaign to address sex trafficking - Apr 12, 2011
- Tony Parker admits divorce from Eva Longoria was 'hard' - Feb 13, 2011
- Longoria denies reality show participation - Dec 31, 2010
- Eva Longoria Parker escapes unhurt in car crash - Oct 21, 2010
- Longoria wants Parker tattoos removed - Nov 25, 2010
- Is Eva Longoria dating Penelope Cruz's brother Eduardo? - Feb 03, 2011
- Longoria evolved with 'Desperate Housewives' character - May 09, 2012
- Demi Moore's health worries Kutcher - Jan 27, 2012
- Demi Moore to opt for online dating? - Jan 21, 2012
- Eva Longoria to meet Obama - Mar 17, 2012