Holi revelers keep Delhi Police busyMarch 12th, 2009 - 12:07 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 11 (IANS) Holi revelers kept Delhi Police busy Wednesday as officials booked more than 6,000 people for various traffic violations, including drunken and dangerous driving.
“A total of 4,577 challans (tickets) were issued during an intensive drive between 9.30 a.m. to 3 p.m. As many as 219 challans were issued for dangerous driving while 491 were issued for drunken driving,” a senior police officer said.
The police maintained a strict vigil across the capital and set up barricades at various places to check against dangerous driving and hooliganism.
“As many as 1,516 challans were issued for people riding two-wheelers without helmets and 147 people were fined for driving without license. A total of 644 challans were issued for jumping the red signal and 119 were issued for stop-line violation,” the police officer added.
“As many as 559 and 39 challans were issued for triple-riding on two-wheelers and minor riding respectively,” the officer added.
A similar drive was carried out during 6-8 p.m. when the police issued 1,777 challans, including 200 for drunken driving.
- 777 people fined for drunk driving - Mar 08, 2012
- Holi revellers warned against breaking traffic rules - Mar 19, 2011
- 8,000 fined for Holi traffic violations - Mar 21, 2011
- Delhi traffic cops' powers curbed - Jun 11, 2011
- Women two-wheeler riders may have to wear helmets - Jul 04, 2011
- 192 fined for post-final revelry - Apr 03, 2011
- No helmet, no fuel for Srinagar two-wheeler riders - Jun 08, 2011
- Delhi drive: 543 commercial vehicles prosecuted - Jul 13, 2011
- Six people killed in accidents on Holi (Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- Life back to normal in east Delhi, six more arrested - Sep 05, 2012
- In Chandigarh, are traffic rules meant to be broken? - Mar 08, 2010
- Holi claims seven lives on Delhi roads - Mar 09, 2012
- 10 people killed during Holi revelry in Delhi (Lead) - Mar 02, 2010
- Delhi complying with rules against tinted glasses: Police - May 05, 2012
- Two school students die in Ranchi road accident - Feb 10, 2012