Holed up militants killed in Russian townAugust 11th, 2011 - 9:20 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Aug 11 (IANS/RIA Novosti) An unknown number of militants were killed Thursday in a day-long siege of a house in a provincial town of Russia, police said.
Commandos cornered the militants when they were hiding at a home in Makhachkala, the capital of the volatile Dagestan region.
Negotiations brought no results and the gunmen opened fire. One of the militants surrendered and the remaining were killed.
The exact number of militants killed in the shootout has not been determined, police said.
There were no victims among the police or civilians, initial reports said.
- Three dead in North Caucasus blast - Sep 22, 2011
- Police investigate Anzhi terrorism claims - Aug 18, 2012
- Woman trained as suicide bomber killed in Russia - Jul 24, 2011
- Cop, two militants killed in Russia - Mar 18, 2012
- 30 injured in suicide attack in Russia - Sep 25, 2010
- Three militants killed in Dagestan - Jun 11, 2011
- Two militants killed in Russia - Oct 23, 2010
- Nine held trying to take control of mosques - Sep 27, 2011
- Anzhi unfit to host Europa League games: UEFA - Jul 02, 2012
- 13 militants killed in Russia's Dagestan - Sep 13, 2010
- Seven militants killed in Russia - Jul 15, 2012
- Anzhi fans to protest UEFA ban: Spokesman - Jul 05, 2012
- Policeman kidnapped in Russia - Aug 24, 2012
- Hiddink slams UEFA ban for Anzhi home arena - Jul 13, 2012
- Dagestan unfit to host Europa matches: UEFA - Jul 02, 2012