(HOLD) SC admits plea challenging acquital of Bathani Tola accusedJuly 16th, 2012 - 3:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 16 (IANS) The Supreme Court Monday admitted a Bihar government plea challenging the acquittal of 23 accused in the infamous Bathani Tola massacre of Dalits by the Ranvir Sena in 1996.
An apex court bench headed by Justice Altamas Kabir admitted the plea.
The trial court had convicted all the 23 accused and had awarded death sentence to three. However, all of them were acquitted by the high court.
- SC admits plea against acquittal in Bihar massacre (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Bihar to move apex court against massacre case acquittal - Apr 18, 2012
- CPI-ML to move apex court against massacre case acquittal - Apr 20, 2012
- Bihar court acquits 23 in caste massacre case - Apr 16, 2012
- Bathani Tola massacre: Three sentenced to death, 20 get life term - May 12, 2010
- Protests in Bihar against acquittal of massacre accused - Apr 17, 2012
- Three get death, 20 sentenced to life in Bathani Tola massacre - May 12, 2010
- Apex court to rule if states can appeal acquittals in CBI cases - Mar 19, 2012
- Apex court upholds life for former MP Anand Mohan - Jul 10, 2012
- SC upholds life for former MP Anand Mohan (Second Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- SC upholds life for former MP Anand Mohan (Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- Bhopal tragedy: Apex court comments on its own verdict - Apr 20, 2011
- Apex court issues notices to Bhopal tragedy convicts (Second Lead) - Aug 31, 2010
- Apex court accepts plea against Soren's acquittal (Second Lead) - Jul 26, 2010
- SC issues notice to CBI on Pappu Yadav's bail plea (Lead) - Feb 06, 2012