HLL forays into herbal healthcareJanuary 13th, 2009 - 8:02 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Jan 13 (IANS) Public Sector Undertaking Hindustan Latex Ltd (HLL) and ayurvedic firm Kottakkal Arya Vaidya Sala (AVS) have joined hands to introduce various herbal healthcare products.The firms will launch products in the area of women healthcare, health generics, symptomatic relief, neutraceutical and personal healthcare in India.
It will take these newly launched products to the international markets and focus on the merits and efficacy of traditional ayurveda system that originated from India.
HLL and AVS recently launched an ayurvedic proprietary medicine and a health tonic to address inadequate lactation after delivery in women.
“In the country the market for herbal medicine is all set to lookup with an expected growth rate of 12-15 percent in the years to come,” chairman and managing director of HLL M. Ayyappan said in a statement Tuesday.
“Herbal medicines have come into vogue with promise of wellness with no side effects. With AVS, we go back to nature, to offer a world of wellness and accessibility with traditional, time tested and superior ayurvedic formulations to all,” he said.
AVS was established at Kottakkal in Malappuram district in 1902 by the visionary physician and philanthropist the late Vaidyaratnam P.S. Varier. It manages ayurvedic hospitals at Kottakkal, Delhi and Kochi.
HLL is the largest condom manufacturing unit in the country under the union health and family welfare ministry.
- HLL Lifecare launches herbal products - Dec 22, 2011
- HLL Lifecare enters herbal product market - Aug 19, 2009
- Condom maker HLL setting up vaccine project - Jan 15, 2010
- HLL Lifecare opens one-stop medical outlet in Kerala - Sep 30, 2011
- Campaign launched for shy condom buyers - Jul 11, 2011
- China most likely to be affected by 2011 EU herbal medicine ban - Dec 30, 2010
- No EU blanket ban on ayurvedic medicines: Azad - Aug 02, 2011
- After condoms, HLL Life Care now turns to sanitary napkins - Nov 07, 2011
- Treating patients, not tourists, Kerala ayurveda centre stands apart - Oct 26, 2009
- Hundreds of herbal medicines to be banned in UK next year - Dec 31, 2010
- HLL ties up with IGNOU for healthcare education - Nov 12, 2011
- Female condom fails to gain popularity - Jul 03, 2012
- Female condom yet to gain acceptability - Sep 11, 2012
- HLL launching affordable diagnostic kits - Aug 07, 2012
- HLL Life Care ends fiscal 2009-10 with record turnover - Apr 21, 2010
Tags: arya vaidya sala, ayyappan, family welfare, forays, health tonic, healthcare products, herbal healthcare, herbal medicine, herbal medicines, hindustan latex ltd, international markets, kochi, neutraceutical, personal healthcare, philanthropist, symptomatic relief, thiruvananthapuram, traditional time, welfare ministry, world of wellness