Hizbul Mujahideen section commander killed by armyAugust 5th, 2009 - 1:55 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Aug 5 (IANS) A section commander of the Hizbul Mujahideen militant outfit was killed in a gunbattle with soldiers in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir Wednesday morning, an official said.
The soldiers laid a cordon around Sarwal forest, about 180 km northesst of here, following a tip-off about the presence of militants there.
“The firefight between troops and militants began early morning and lasted about an hour,” Lt. Col Biplab Nath, an army spokesperson, told IANS.
Hizbul Mujahideen section commander Noor Mohammed was killed and his relative, a 10-year-old boy, was rescued alive.
Mohammed was active in the region for the last 10 years and was involved in many civilian killings.
A Kalashnikov rifle and some ammunition have been recovered from the dead militant.
- Top Hizbul commander killed in Kashmir gunfight - Oct 08, 2011
- One Hizbul militant killed in Doda District - Oct 10, 2009
- Two militants shot dead in Doda - Dec 16, 2009
- 9 militants killed during six encounters in Jammu and Kashmir - Aug 05, 2009
- Soldier killed in militant fire in Kashmir - May 03, 2012
- Major, two soldiers hurt in Jammu and Kashmir gun battle - Jul 16, 2010
- Hindu commander of Hizbul killed in Jammu - Jul 27, 2011
- Hizbul militant killed in Doda - Aug 05, 2009
- Two militants killed in Kashmir gunfight - Jun 27, 2011
- Hizbul Mujahideen militant arrested in Jammu region - May 16, 2012
- Security forces kill top Hizbul Mujahideen commander in Doda - Mar 08, 2010
- Two guerrillas killed in Kashmir gunfight - Jul 22, 2010
- Two terrorists killed in Poonch gunbattle (Lead) - Jul 15, 2010
- Two Hizb militants killed in Jammu and Kashmir - Dec 14, 2009
- Two Hizbul militants killed in Jammu-Kashmir gunfight - Apr 24, 2010
Tags: 10 years, ammunition, army spokesperson, civilian killings, firefight, gunbattle, hizbul mujahideen, jammu and kashmir, kalashnikov rifle, kashmir, lt, militants, mohammed, nath, noor, presence, section commander, wednesday morning