Hindustan Motors launches mini-truck with Chinese collaborationDecember 2nd, 2008 - 11:08 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Dec 2 (IANS) Indian auto major Hindustan Motors Ltd (HML), which unveiled its ‘HM-Shifeng Winner’ mini commercial vehicle Tuesday, said it will launch two more variants of the mini-truck with Chinese collaboration.”There are two more variants in the pipeline. Next model will be CNG (compressed natural gas) variant of the mini-truck for Delhi. All variants will be launched within the current fiscal,” HML managing director Ravi Santhanam told reporters after the launch of the vehicle.
The vehicle is being produced in collaboration with Shandong Shifeng (Group) Co. of China from where the trucks would be imported in knocked-down versions initially.
The company will manufacture 1,000 units of the one-tonne payload capacity mini-truck per month at its Uttarpara plant in West Bengal, and plans to ramp up the capacity according to the demand in the future.
Over the next six months, the ‘Winner’ would be rolled out across the country, Santhanam said.
- Hindustan Motors, SBI tie-up for vehicle financing - Jun 07, 2010
- Hindustan Motors to launch upgraded Winner truck in Delhi - Jun 19, 2009
- Hindustan Motors expects turnaround by 2010-11 end - Aug 10, 2010
- New Ambassador variant to be unveiled in December - Nov 19, 2010
- Hindustan Motors launches greener CNG mini truck - Apr 26, 2010
- M&M plans passenger variant with mini-truck Maxximo - Sep 02, 2010
- Mahindra to launch passenger cars on Gio platform - Jan 21, 2010
- Tata Motors unveils Safari variant, concept cars - Jan 05, 2012
- Mahindra launches low priced mini-truck - Feb 03, 2010
- 34 killed, 10 injured in road accident in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 26, 2010
- Hindustan Motors to focus on commercial vehicle segment - Aug 09, 2011
- Hindustan Motors to clarify on land sale - Aug 05, 2011
- Mahindra's mini-truck forays into southern market - Jul 15, 2010
- Two killed, seven injured in Agra truck crash - May 11, 2012
- Four killed in Punjab road accident - Sep 17, 2010