Hindustan Latex is now HLL LifecareMarch 3rd, 2009 - 5:17 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, March 3 (IANS) Hindustan Latex Ltd (HLL), premier manufacturer of contraceptives and various healthcare products, Tuesday announced that it has changed its name to HLL Lifecare Ltd.
“Ours is an organisation manufacturing the widest range of contraceptives in the world, and emerging today as one of the major providers of health care products and services. This journey of transformation and widening of operational areas has prompted the adoption of the new name - HLL Lifecare Ltd,” company chairman and managing director M. Ayyappan said in a statement.
Having traversed a long distance over the past four decades, from a modest condom packing unit to a condom manufacturer, HLL’s transformation has been total, he added.
HLL’s tryst with the nation’s family planning programme began April 5, 1969 with the setting up of its Peroorkada facility here with an annual installed capacity of 144 million condoms. Now, the company’s annual production capacity has increased to a staggering 1.316 billion units.
Likewise, from a single production facility in 1969, HLL now has five manufacturing units located across the country. Its marketing wing services around 500,000 retail outlets, 3,500 hospitals, 15,000 medical professionals and 1,500 stock points with 700 frontline team members, the company said.
HLL has brought in changes to its existing logo by adding a touch of pink - which, according to the company, serves as a messenger of good health.
- Condom maker HLL setting up vaccine project - Jan 15, 2010
- After condoms, HLL Life Care now turns to sanitary napkins - Nov 07, 2011
- Campaign launched for shy condom buyers - Jul 11, 2011
- HLL ties up with IGNOU for healthcare education - Nov 12, 2011
- Moods among top three condom brands in UAE - Jan 06, 2011
- Female condom fails to gain popularity - Jul 03, 2012
- HLL Lifecare launches herbal products - Dec 22, 2011
- HLL launching affordable diagnostic kits - Aug 07, 2012
- HLL Lifecare opens one-stop medical outlet in Kerala - Sep 30, 2011
- Natural gas to power HLL Lifecare factories - Jul 07, 2011
- Female condom yet to gain acceptability - Sep 11, 2012
- Counting beads - a new family planning way for women! - Dec 05, 2011
- HLL Lifecare expects 40 percent growth in 2008-09 - Mar 09, 2009
- HLL Lifecare floats subsidiary for vaccine complex - Apr 30, 2012
- HLL Lifecare turns to overseas markets - Oct 11, 2009
Tags: ayyappan, company chairman, condom manufacturer, condoms, contraceptives, family planning, good health, health care products, healthcare products, hindustan latex ltd, installed capacity, lifecare, ltd company, managing director, medical professionals, operational areas, retail outlets, stock points, touch of pink, tryst