Hindu leader denied US visa once againJune 14th, 2008 - 9:12 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, June 14 (IANS) Kummanam Rajasekharan, a leader of a hindu organisation in Kerala, has been denied a US visa for the second time in a row. Rajasekharan, chairman of Hindu Aikya Vedi (Hindu United Front) was invited to attend a seminar on education, journalism and environment protection in Pennsylvania University. He appeared for a visa interview at the US consulate in Chennai Friday.
“I had an invitation from the chancellor of the Pennsylvania University to attend the seminar. I was invited because I am the managing director of Janmabhoomi daily newspaper,” Rajasekharan told IANS.
Janmabhoomi is the party newspaper of the Bharatiya Janata Party published from three centres in Kerala.
“I was asked what salary I draw from the newspaper. Since I do honorary work, I said I am not paid. I had with me a letter from the board of directors of the newspaper that stated clearly that all expenses would be borne by the paper. Last year I was denied the visa after being invited for a Hindu convention in New York,” added Rajasekharan.
“Yes, I do understand they have rules and regulations but many who were standing in the queue did not have papers like I had. Maybe since all the information is available on the Internet they know more about me,” said Rajasekharan.
- Kerala to seek judicial probe into Sabarimala tragedy - Jan 15, 2011
- India denies visa to former Pak President Musharraf - Dec 01, 2010
- Christian, Hindu leaders to meet in Kochi Monday - Sep 28, 2008
- Pakistani writer cleared for India visit after visa glitch - Sep 28, 2011
- Magsaysay laureate Neelima Mishra denied US visa - Sep 30, 2011
- Christian, Hindu leaders pledge for peace in Kerala - Sep 30, 2008
- Magsaysay winner Neelima Mishra granted US visa - Oct 03, 2011
- US consulate, Malayalam weekly to organise media seminar - May 13, 2012
- G. Kasturi, former editor of The Hindu is dead (Lead) - Sep 21, 2012
- Tripura varsity confers honorary doctorate on Hasina - Jan 12, 2012
- US wants better India-Bangladesh economic ties - Apr 24, 2012
- Fukushima survivor denied Indian visa: Greenpeace - Mar 07, 2012
- Schengen visa processor VFS expands operations - Apr 18, 2012
- Graft case: Former IGNOU chief denies wrongdoing - Jul 28, 2012
- Slovenia invites Indian investments and tourists - Dec 27, 2011