Hindu doctors’ murder a sad day for Pakistan: Imran KhanNovember 11th, 2011 - 3:58 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Nov 11 (IANS) Cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan has strongly condemned the killing of Hindu doctors by armed assailants in Pakistan’s Sindh province.
Four Hindu doctors were attacked near Shikarpur district of the province Monday. Three of them — Ashok, Naresh, Ajeet Kumar — who were brothers died, while the fourth was Satya Pal was injured.
Khan, chairman of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), in a satement issued by his party’s central secretariat, said that the murder of Dr Ashok, Dr Naresh and Dr Ajeet Kumar marked a sad day for Pakistan, as PTI (Paksitan Tehreek-e-Insaf) believed in peaceful and harmonious co-existence of all religious and ethnic groups and an indiscriminate practice of the rule of law, Daily Times reported.
Stating abdication of governance by the corrupt ruling mafias had resulted in an increase of violence in the society that needed to be checked immediately, Khan condemned the role of the law-enforcement agencies that tended to side with the criminals.
On Thursday, condemning the brutal murder of Hindus in Shikarpur, civil society and human rights organisations announced they would stage “Fill the Besant Hall Road against Religious Intolerance” rally in front of the Theosophical Society’s interior Sindh centre in Hyderabad Nov 14.
Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has also strongly condemned the killings and directed that the culprits be brought to book.
The US has asked Pakistan to bring to justice those involved in gunning down the Hindus in Sindh province and condemned all violence directed at religious, ethnic and other minorities.
- Pakistan rights groups to rally against Hindu killings - Nov 10, 2011
- Eleven held for killing of Hindu doctors in Pakistan - Nov 16, 2011
- Gilani condemns murder of three Hindu doctors - Nov 09, 2011
- US asks Pakistan to punish killers of Hindus in Sindh - Nov 10, 2011
- `Hindus in Pakistan angry, helpless' - Apr 10, 2012
- Pakistani Hindus protest kidnapping of young girls - Apr 09, 2012
- Will halt US drone strikes: Imran Khan - Feb 11, 2012
- Days of landlords are numbered in Pakistan: Imran Khan - Feb 26, 2012
- Ten injured in grenade attack at Imran's rally - Feb 10, 2012
- Zardari seeks report on killing of Hindu doctors - Nov 08, 2011
- Pakistan must not leave Siachen unilaterally: Imran Khan - Apr 23, 2012
- Dr Aafia's sentence to intensify hatred against US among Muslim world, warns Imran Khan - Sep 25, 2010
- Pakistan's ex-foreign minister joins Imran's party - Nov 28, 2011
- Pak losing war on terror due to flawed strategy: Imran Khan - Mar 10, 2011
- ISI helping Imran a comical accusation: Pakistani daily - Nov 22, 2011
Tags: abdication, ajeet, ashok, brutal murder, central secretariat, gilani, interior sindh, law enforcement agencies, mafias, naresh, pakistan tehreek e insaf, paksitan, politician imran khan, religious intolerance, s central, sad day, sindh province, tehreek e insaf, theosophical society, yousuf