Hindu commander of Hizbul killed in JammuJuly 27th, 2011 - 12:09 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, July 27 (IANS) The Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist killed in Jammu and Kashmir’s Kishtwar district has been identified as Subash alias Wasif, a Hindu member of the militant group, an army spokesperson said Wednesday.
Police had said Tuesday that the Hizbul commander killed after a gunfight in the forests of Kishtwar, about 210 km from here, was district commander Sajjad Ahmad alias Mohammad Rizwan.
However, the real identity was discovered after the body was brought down to Kishtwar town, the spokesperson said.
“The terrorist was tehsil commander of the Hizbul Mujahideen Subash alias Wasif,” the spokesperson said.
Subash, he said, had joined the militant outfit more than 10 years ago.
Hindus started joining the militant movement in the mountainous Doda, Kishtwar, Rajouri and Poonch areas in Jammu region, primarily to save their community from terror attacks. Some were also lured by money and the power of the gun, according to police sources.
- Hizbul commander killed in gunfight - Jul 26, 2011
- How do I mourn, asks father of Hizb's Hindu commander - Jul 28, 2011
- LeT wiped out from three Jammu districts: Police - Aug 04, 2011
- Hizbul commander killed in Kashmir - Jul 10, 2012
- Hizbul Mujahideen militant arrested in Jammu region - May 16, 2012
- Militant, two security men killed in Kashmir (Lead) - Apr 05, 2011
- Top Hizbul commander killed in Kashmir gunfight - Oct 08, 2011
- Delhi court blast accused killed in Kishtwar (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Hizbul commander killed in Kashmir gunfight - Apr 03, 2011
- Two militants killed in Kashmir (Lead) - Aug 07, 2011
- Two militants killed near Jammu - Nov 28, 2010
- Soldier killed in militant fire in Kashmir - May 03, 2012
- Hizbul militant killed, Hindu member trapped in gun-battle - Nov 27, 2009
- Hizb militants escape from police custody - Mar 29, 2012
- Wife, father-in-law of Hizb militant held - Nov 17, 2010
Tags: ahmad, alias, army spokesperson, district commander, doda, forests, gunfight, hindu, hindus, hizbul mujahideen, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, kishtwar, militant group, mohammad, money and the power, police sources, poonch, sajjad, terror attacks