Hina Rabbani Khar to be Pakistan foreign ministerJune 23rd, 2011 - 10:40 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, June 23 (IANS) Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani Thursday decided to appoint Hina Rabbani Khar as the country’s foreign affairs minister, a media report said.
Countries, including the US and India, with which Pakistan is currently holding talks have been informed about the decision, The Nation reported quoting government sources.
Appointed Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Feb 1 earlier this year, Rabbani has been functioning as acting Minister of Foreign Affairs since Feb 13 after the resignation Feb 9 of Shah Mehmood Qureshi.
- Hina Rabbani Khar to be Pakistan's foreign minister - Jul 18, 2011
- India-Pakistan talks signal hope, says daily - Jul 27, 2011
- Hina Rabbani Khar to be Pakistan's youngest foreign minister (Lead) - Jul 18, 2011
- Khar briefs Gilani about India talks - Jul 19, 2011
- Hina Rabbani Khar may be sacked: Report - Apr 10, 2012
- Pakistan, US to hold talks on new terms of engagement - Apr 17, 2012
- I am leaving Zardari league: Qureshi - Nov 15, 2011
- 11 new ministers inducted in Pakistan (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Gilani speaks to political leaders on New Delhi talks - Jul 27, 2011
- NA body calls for Pak Govt's strict talk with US to end drone campaign - Apr 30, 2011
- Cameron offers help to Pakistan flood victims - Sep 17, 2011
- No threat of military coup: Gilani - Dec 02, 2011
- Post 26/11, a chronicle of India-Pakistan meetings - Apr 08, 2012
- Gilani heading 45-member delegation for India 'cricket diplomacy' visit - Mar 30, 2011
- Zardari, Gilani hail positive talks with India - Jul 30, 2011
Tags: foreign affairs minister, foreign minister, gilani, government sources, India, islamabad, june 23, khar, minister of foreign affairs, minister of state, pakistan, prime minister, raza, resignation, yousuf