Himachal’s Saach Pass to reopen in JuneApril 30th, 2011 - 2:05 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, April 30 (IANS) Snow-bound Saach Pass, a gateway to the adventure tourism destination of Pangi Valley in Himachal Pradesh, will be reopened to traffic in June, an official said here Saturday.
The pass in Chamba district has been closed since November owing to heavy snowfall.
“Snow clearing operation is on in Saach Pass and it will be made motorable by the middle of June,” an official of the Public Works Department told IANS.
The pass, located at an altitude of 14,500 ft from the sea level, is the shortest road link between Chamba town, some 450 km from here, and Pangi Valley.
The idyllic and pastoral settings of Pangi valley have been drawing an increasing number of backpackers, especially foreigners, for adventure-related activities like mountain biking, rock-climbing and cross-jungle trekking.
- Himachal's Saach Pass reopens after seven months - Jun 30, 2011
- Rohtang Pass reopens after five months - May 25, 2011
- Rohtang Pass reopens for traffic - Aug 06, 2012
- Himachal road reopens after six months - Jun 15, 2010
- Flashfloods in Himachal snap road link with Kashmir - May 30, 2010
- Mercury dips, Himachal lakes begin to freeze - Nov 12, 2011
- Leh floods dip foreign tourist footfalls in Himachal - Aug 18, 2010
- High adrenaline adventures in Himachal's rugged trails - Jun 01, 2011
- To parasail or trek across jungles, try Himachal (With Image) - May 12, 2010
- Time for pulsating action on Himachal highway - Jun 09, 2011
- Snowfall ahead, BRO stops operations on Rohtang Pass - Nov 15, 2010
- Himachal's bountiful snow raises hopes from hydropower - Mar 03, 2011
- Come, ski down Himachal's grassy slopes (Lifestyle Feature) (With Images) - Jun 24, 2012
- Heavy snowfall in Himachal makes mercury plummet - Feb 06, 2010
- Stuck since December, they await Himalayan road's reopening - May 24, 2011
Tags: adventure tourism, altitude, backpackers, foreigners, heavy snowfall, himachal, jungle trekking, mountain biking, pastoral settings, public works department, sea level, shimla, snow clearing, tourism destination, traffic