Himachal to give free net books to 4,000 school toppersJuly 18th, 2012 - 7:45 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, July 18 (IANS) After Punjab and Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh also Wednesday announced it would give free net books to 4,000 topper students of Class X passing out from government schools in the state and continuing with their higher studies.
A decision in this regard was taken by the cabinet at its meeting presided over by Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal here.
A government spokesperson told IANS that the decision would cost the government Rs.6.50 crore.
The ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), in its election year, also decided to purchase 27 additional ambulances to strengthen the fleet of 108 under the Atal Swasthya Sewa scheme that was launched in the state in December 2010.
The cabinet also decided to grant five percent concession in the power tariff to the industrial units that have come into operation after April 1, 2012.
It has fixed an excise duty on the ‘ready-to-drink beverages’ having alcoholic strength of eight percent or above.
- Palanquin bearers to ferry patients in Himachal - Aug 16, 2012
- Free ambulance service starts in Himachal Pradesh - Dec 26, 2010
- Virbhadra Singh: BJP got kickbacks in NRHM project in Himachal - Sep 10, 2012
- In the name of Atal: Dhumal 'signs' in praise (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - May 12, 2012
- Himachal Pradesh to spend more on health - Mar 21, 2012
- Excise duty exemption for Himachal industry extended - Dec 25, 2010
- Himachal should promote use of biomass fuel: Gadkari - May 09, 2012
- Himachal to launch free ambulance service - Dec 20, 2010
- Dhumal announces sops on I-Day - Aug 15, 2012
- BJP suspends Himachal MP - Mar 11, 2012
- Former Himachal BJP chief to become minister - Feb 22, 2012
- Himachal to promote green industry - Dec 15, 2011
- BJP leaders to ask PM for further excise waiver for hill states - Jun 14, 2010
- Himachal seeks Rs.4,000 crore claim from centre - Apr 04, 2012
- Himachal defers ban on gutka till October - Jul 17, 2012
Tags: alcoholic strength, ambulances, april 1, beverages, bjp, chief minister, class x, concession, election year, excise duty, fleet, government schools, government spokesperson, himachal pradesh, power tariff, punjab, shimla, topper, toppers, uttar pradesh