Himachal to give four free CFL bulbs for each familyApril 15th, 2008 - 11:01 pm ICT by admin
Shimla, April 15 (IANS) The Himachal Pradesh government Tuesday announced itn would give away free of cost four CFL bulbs to every household in the hill state. Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal made the announcement on the Himachal Day celebrations at Kanjian village of the Hamirpur district, some 160 km from here.
The plan, named after former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, is called Atal Bijli Bachat Yojna.
“The Atal Bijli Bachat Yojna will provide four CFL bulbs free of cost to every household for which a budgetary provision of Rs.800 million ($20 million) has been made,” said Dhumal.
“All state government offices in the state will replace old electric equipment with power efficient equipment by Dec 25 (2008), the birthday of Vajpayee,” he added.
Himachal Pradesh, which has surplus power, has achieved complete electrification around two decades ago.
The state has a quarter of the entire country’s hydel power potential. So far, only around a quarter of this has been tapped.
- Himachal should promote use of biomass fuel: Gadkari - May 09, 2012
- In the name of Atal: Dhumal 'signs' in praise (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - May 12, 2012
- Himachal saves Rs.1 bn-worth power through CFLs - Jan 03, 2010
- Himachal launches green policy on used CFL lamps - Dec 11, 2011
- Graft, scams hog limelight in Himachal assembly (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Apr 01, 2012
- Free ambulance service starts in Himachal Pradesh - Dec 26, 2010
- Himachal aims to earn carbon credits - Dec 08, 2010
- Campaign to promote fluorescent lamps - Jul 07, 2011
- Karnataka mulls mandatory use of CFL bulbs - Feb 28, 2011
- Himachal developing solar-powered cities - Aug 20, 2011
- Jharkhand to give free power connections - Mar 05, 2010
- He dispels darkness through solar lamps (With photo) - Aug 20, 2012
- Kerala to distribute CFL bulbs to 75 lakh households - Mar 13, 2010
- Himachal to give free net books to 4,000 school toppers - Jul 18, 2012
- We don't fix power tariff: Himachal government - Jun 03, 2008