Himachal to get award for e-governanceOctober 26th, 2008 - 7:28 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Oct 26 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh has been adjudged second best state for e-governance in the country, an official statement said Sunday.According to a survey conducted by Mumbai-based India Tech Foundation, the hill state has made remarkable achievement in the application of information technology and its use in government institutions.
Lok Sabha Speaker Somnath Chatterjee will honour the top-ranking states during the 10th International Summit and Expo Power-2008 in Mumbai Nov 8, added the statement.
The government has set up touch-screen kiosks across the state to provide common interface for various activities and computerised 1,186 gram panchayats.
- World Bank to give $37 mn more for Himachal watershed project - May 20, 2012
- Bengal industry minister meets Somnath Chatterjee - Jun 21, 2011
- Himachal introduces bill to strengthen Lokayukta - Apr 04, 2012
- Himachal brings panchayats in Lokayukta's ambit - Mar 11, 2011
- Intelligent hospital kiosk for quick health tests - Aug 19, 2010
- Iraqi delegation in Bangalore to study e-governance projects - Apr 21, 2011
- 212 Madhya Pradesh villages chosen for Nirmal Gram Puraskar - Mar 23, 2012
- Eminent people express concern over spiralling violence - Jul 01, 2011
- Himachal chief minister honours 253 gram panchayats - Feb 05, 2010
- Gujarat to host Indo-Asian IT meet in 2011 - Mar 08, 2010
- Himachal river project gets more funds - Dec 14, 2011
- Himachal to achieve total sanitation programme by March 31 - Jan 15, 2011
- Credent to enter Himachal market - Mar 22, 2011
- Himachal activist gets Rajiv Gandhi award - Nov 14, 2011
- Mamata strips non-Trinamool panchayat heads of power - Mar 27, 2012