Himachal to allow industries to get power from private projectNovember 19th, 2011 - 8:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 19 (IANS) The Himachal Pradesh government will allow private industrial houses in the state to procure electricity from other sources apart from the state-run electricity board, a minister said Saturday.
“The entrepreneurs can purchase power from the private projects, based within and outside the state. The government would provide its power grid for electricity transmission,” Industries Minister Kishan Kapoor said at the ongoing India International Trade Fair here.
“The process is under way to set up an industrial land bank of 30,000 ‘kanals’ in Kangra, Una and Solan districts to attract more investments,” he said.
“The government is aiming to acquire land from the Punjab government and adjoining Himachal so that the entrepreneurs do not face any difficulty in transportation of their merchandise,” he added.
To strengthen power infrastructure in the state, a memorandum of understanding has been signed with GAIL (India) for laying a pipeline from Rajpura in Punjab to Baddi in the state to supply natural gas to industrial, transport and domestic sectors.
“An inland container depot costing Rs.55 crore would be made operational in the Baddi-Barotiwala industrial area in Solan district by next year,” the minister said.
- Himachal develops new industrial estate in Baddi - Nov 07, 2010
- Himachal sanctions Rs.20 crore for Solan industrial belt - Jun 12, 2011
- Himachal invites private funds for food processing - Jun 12, 2012
- Shutdown hits commercial life in Himachal (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Himachal to set up 10 new industrial estates - Nov 20, 2010
- Guess who wants a home in Himachal? 65,000 people - May 10, 2011
- Himachal's Baddi industrial area to have effluent plant - Nov 17, 2010
- Himachal gets capital investment subsidy - Jul 16, 2011
- Himachal invites industrial investments for new estate - Jan 29, 2012
- Banks, insurance companies shut in Himachal - Feb 28, 2012
- 10-year moratorium must on selling land: Himachal panel - Apr 30, 2012
- Hero Honda to set up facility in Himachal - Oct 21, 2010
- Himachal seeks another textile park - Feb 22, 2012
- US firm to set up solar power plant in Himachal - Oct 10, 2010
- Nestle to set up facility in Himachal - Oct 03, 2010
Tags: container depot, domestic sectors, electricity board, electricity transmission, himachal pradesh government, india international, industrial houses, industrial transport, industries minister, inland container, kangra, kishan, memorandum of understanding, power infrastructure, private project, private projects, punjab government, rajpura, solan, transmission industries