Himachal students to get uniformJanuary 1st, 2012 - 8:30 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Jan 1 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh will give school uniforms to over 10 lakh students of government schools every year free of cost. This will burden the exchequer Rs.60 crore annually.
Under the scheme, all students from Class I to X will be entitled to get uniform twice, in May and October, a government spokesperson told IANS.
The scheme, named after former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, aims to bring uniformity among school students, he said.
Himachal Pradesh has over 15,000 primary and higher secondary government schools with a strength of around 10 lakh students.
- Himachal should promote use of biomass fuel: Gadkari - May 09, 2012
- Scholarships for Himachal students living far from school - Jul 08, 2011
- Himachal bans leather shoes in schools - Feb 06, 2011
- In the name of Atal: Dhumal 'signs' in praise (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - May 12, 2012
- No leather shoes in Himachal government schools - Jul 22, 2010
- Himachal to give free net books to 4,000 school toppers - Jul 18, 2012
- Schoolchildren's death: Himachal to conduct surveys - Feb 08, 2011
- Virbhadra Singh: BJP got kickbacks in NRHM project in Himachal - Sep 10, 2012
- Tribal students to benefit from new central scheme - Sep 06, 2012
- Dhumal announces sops on I-Day - Aug 15, 2012
- When Zia-ul Haq was punished in Shimla - Mar 02, 2012
- Dhumal lays stone of engineering college - Apr 10, 2011
- Manmohan greets Dhumal on birthday - Apr 10, 2011
- Graft, scams hog limelight in Himachal assembly (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Apr 01, 2012
- Parents to take 'anti-narcotics' oath for drug-free Himachal - Sep 28, 2010