Himachal school roof collapses, students escape unhurtJune 18th, 2009 - 8:46 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, June 18 (IANS) Students in Himachal Pradesh’s Sirmaur district had a narrow escape Thursday when the roof of their school collapsed, officials said.
“More than 100 students had a miraculous escape when the roof of our school collapsed this (Thursday) afternoon,” school principal Anup Rani told IANS on phone.
The school is located near Nahan town in Sirmaur district, some 120 km from here.
The principal said that seven months ago a wall in the school had collapsed.
“We have approached district education authorities a number of times for the renovation of the dilapidated school building, but nobody has bothered about it,” she added.
Sirmaur Deputy Commissioner Dinesh Malhotra said: “We have ordered an inquiry and funds would soon be provided to the school for the repair of the building.”
- 6 children hurt in UP school roof collapse - May 01, 2012
- Heavy rains forecast in Himachal hills - Jul 07, 2011
- Will British era building soon be Shimla spa? (With Image) - Jul 27, 2011
- Seven killed in Himachal accidents - Feb 09, 2012
- Himachal towns lashed by heavy rains - Jun 30, 2011
- 10 kg drugs seized in Himachal - Nov 17, 2011
- Seven die in Pakistan school roof collapse - May 07, 2012
- Avalanche threat in Himachal - Jan 16, 2012
- 39 people have died in Himachal rains - Sep 10, 2011
- Six of family killed in Himachal accident - Apr 01, 2012
- Narrow escape for schoolchildren in Shimla - Aug 12, 2010
- Mohit Chauhan ties the knot with Prarthna - Jul 01, 2012
- Heavy rains likely in Himachal - Jun 26, 2011
- Shimla convent school allows students to wear turban - Apr 28, 2012
- 30 children hurt as school roof collapses - Aug 06, 2008