Himachal Pradesh to set up 2,070 information kiosksSeptember 9th, 2008 - 6:47 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Sep 9 (IANS) The Himachal Pradesh government has inked an agreement with Tera Software Ltd and GNG Trading Pvt Ltd to establish 2,070 information kiosks in Shimla and Mandi divisions, a senior official said here Tuesday. “The kiosks would provide online services in rural areas and people would be able to access the services without visiting district and subdivision headquarters,” Secretary of the Department of Information Technology B.K. Aggarwal told IANS.
He said these centres would provide various services like issuing voter identity cards, giving police complaint registration, passport enquiry status, school board results, high court cases’ list, government information and forms and agriculture-related services.
He said the kiosks would be set up within one year.
- Delay in flat transfer hits Himachal real estate - Sep 02, 2012
- Eight suspected Taiwanese arrested in Himachal (Second Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Himachal identifies land for SAIL plant - Apr 04, 2011
- Clamour against hydropower grows louder in Himachal - Jun 30, 2011
- Himachal ties up with three helicopter taxi operators - Dec 06, 2010
- Development of tribal areas top priority: Dhumal - Sep 09, 2012
- Himachal to open four restaurants with railways - Jan 16, 2012
- 18 affordable health kiosks set up in Bangalore - Aug 05, 2012
- Himachal Pradesh inks agreement with IT major - Nov 01, 2008
- Key points of order denying bail to Kanimozhi, Sharad Kumar - Jun 08, 2011
- Eight Chinese nationals arrested in Himachal - Jun 13, 2012
- Environmental clearance for Lafarge's Himachal plant revoked - Sep 13, 2010
- Kerala gets first product testing and certification centre - Aug 20, 2012
- Hindustan Salts keen on mining in Himachal - Apr 03, 2012
- Himachal introduces bill to strengthen Lokayukta (Lead) - Apr 04, 2012