Himachal Pradesh senior police officer suspendedJanuary 23rd, 2009 - 5:34 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Jan 23 (IANS) A senior police officer of Himachal Pradesh has been suspended after the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) framed charges against him, an official said Friday.Additional Director General of Police B.S. Thind, who is currently posted in the Himachal Pradesh human rights commission, has been facing charges in a land transaction case in Punjab.
The official said the CBI asked the state home department to place Thind under suspension as charges were framed against him in a Punjab court.
Another case is pending against him in Punjab. He is accused of grabbing land of a Non Resident Indian on a fake power of attorney.
In Himachal Pradesh also, he is facing charges of cheating, conspiracy and intimidation.
On the complaint of a businessman of Chandigarh, the Himachal Pradesh police registered a first information report (FIR) against Thind in June last year.
The complainant, Ashok Mittal, gave an audio CD to the police allegedly having taped evidence against Thind demanding Rs.600,000 for getting his shop vacated from tenants at Parwanoo.
- Senior police officer arrested in Himachal Pradesh - Apr 04, 2009
- CBI searches houses of suspended senior Himachal cop (Lead) - Nov 24, 2009
- Senior Himachal cop released on bail - Apr 07, 2009
- Senior cop of Himachal complains of chest pain on arrest - Apr 05, 2009
- Arrested cop accuses Himachal chief minister of corruption - Apr 07, 2009
- Another case against tainted Himanchal Pradesh cop - Jun 19, 2008
- Virbhadra calls graft case 'concocted' - Jun 25, 2012
- Virbhadra faces graft charge; says will resign if asked to (Roundup) - Jun 26, 2012
- CBI searches houses of Himachal Pradesh top cop - Nov 24, 2009
- Graft charges framed against Virbhadra, wife (Second Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Himachal High Court turns down Virbhadra's plea - Sep 03, 2010
- Virbhadra voice CD in a graft case played in court - May 31, 2012
- Virbhadra demands unconditional apology from Kejriwal - Mar 27, 2012
- Virbhadra accuses Dhumal of vindictiveness - Jul 01, 2012
- Court turns down Virbhadra's plea to transfer case to CBI (Lead) - Sep 03, 2010