Himachal Pradesh formulating environment master plan: DhumalJanuary 2nd, 2009 - 11:56 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Jan 2 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal Friday said the state government was formulating a master plan to address environmental issues.”We (the government) are in the process of formulating an environment master plan keeping in view the sensitive ecological conditions as a long-term planning to address environmental issues more effectively,” Dhumal said while speaking at a seminar here.
“There is a need to take a pledge to make the planet more eco-friendly and worth living on. For this, there is a need for mass awareness,” he said.
The chief minister said that the state government has decided to conduct environment audit of all departments to ensure that there was no hazardous activity being undertaken by them.
Forest Minister J.P. Nadda said the hill state was poised to emerge as a carbon neutral state with participation of the people.
He said the state imposed a voluntary ‘green tax’ on vehicle users in an initiative to generate a fund for combating climatic changes. Similarly, residents all over the state planted 1.5 million saplings of 57 indigenous species on Aug 3, 2008.
- Himachal to be carbon neutral by 2020: Dhumal - Feb 02, 2012
- Himachal may go Costa Rican way on environment - Feb 22, 2010
- No truck with BJP rebels: Nadda - Feb 14, 2012
- Maharashtra to encourage 'green' industrial projects - Feb 03, 2012
- Dhumal visiting Costa Rica to study environment management - Feb 09, 2010
- Himachal to set up centre for climate change - Feb 15, 2010
- Himachal never planned stadium at Annandale ground: BJP - Apr 19, 2012
- TERI to open centre in Himachal - Feb 09, 2012
- Former Himachal BJP chief to become minister - Feb 22, 2012
- Himachal Pradesh starts voluntary tax to combat climate change - Oct 20, 2008
- NABARD to adopt 40 Himachal villages for herbal plantation - Jul 30, 2010
- Army veterans launch ecological operation in Kullu - Jul 27, 2010
- Bengal to support eco-friendly industries: Minister - Jul 08, 2011
- Himachal promoting herb culture: Dhumal - Feb 04, 2012
- Himachal BJP to take call on errant MP within week - Feb 29, 2012