Himachal police seeks custody of man behind ‘filthy’ SMSesApril 20th, 2010 - 9:40 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, April 20 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh has sent a police team to Delhi to take custody of a man accused of sending “filthy” SMSes to MP Rajan Sushant, an official said Tuesday.
The accused Narender Khosla, a manpower supplier, was arrested by Delhi Police last week Friday for sending threatening and lewd text messages to several politicians, including former minister of state for external affairs Shashi Tharoor.
“Narender Khosla, who has sent threatening and lewd text messages to several politicians, also sent a threatening SMS to Rajan Sushant April 13,” Shimla Superintendent of Police R.M. Sharma told IANS.
He said Sushant, a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP from Kangra in Himachal Pradesh, lodged a complaint at the Shimla police station on the same day of receiving the threatening and lewd text messages.
Khosla and his employee Rohit Kumar were using SIM cards procured in the name of a gym instructor Manik Verma.
A senior official with Delhi Police said: “On interrogation, Khosla revealed that he had a long affair with a girl whom he wanted to marry but couldn’t as his family was against it. He married another woman. But his former girlfriend started an affair with Manik Verma.”
“When Khosla came to know about this, he became very jealous and decided to frame Manik. He gathered Manik’s personal details from different sources, including the internet, prepared a fake driving licence with the help of one of his employees Rohit Kumar and procured a SIM card. He used this card to make an extortion call to a Faridabad-based jeweller and asked him to pay Rs.5 lakh,” the officer said.
“He got another SIM card with Manik’s fake identity proof and used it to send threatening and lewd SMSes to several prominent politicians and MPs,” the officer added.
Nearly 100 text messages were sent to politicians, including Shashi Tharoor, Communist Party of India-Marxist leader Brinda Karat and Congress leaders Rashid Alvi and Sandeep Dikshit in the last fortnight.
A Delhi court Monday sent Khosla and his employee Rohit Kumar to judicial custody till April 30.
- Businessman, associate arrested for sending lewd SMSs to politicians (Lead) - Apr 17, 2010
- Man who sent sms threats to Tharoor jailed - Apr 19, 2010
- Sender of threatening SMSes granted bail - Apr 24, 2010
- One arrested for sending filthy SMSes to politicians - Apr 17, 2010
- Nearly 100 threatening, filthy SMSes sent to politicians - Apr 16, 2010
- Haryana police join hunt for Tharoor 'threat' SMS sender - Apr 15, 2010
- Man detained over SMS threat to Tharoor (Third Lead) - Apr 15, 2010
- Police probe SMS threat to Tharoor, no headway (Second Lead) - Apr 14, 2010
- Cook held for sending lewd text messages to woman - Oct 21, 2011
- Woman arrested for sending lewd messages to former boss - May 25, 2010
- BJP suspends Himachal MP - Mar 11, 2012
- Himachal BJP MP alleges threat to life (Lead) - Jul 10, 2011
- One person arrested for sending threat SMS to Tharoor - Apr 14, 2010
- Himachal BJP MP fears threat to life - Jul 10, 2011
- Act against fraud SMSes, says BJP - Aug 19, 2012
Tags: alvi, bharatiya janata party, brinda karat, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, congress leaders, delhi police, fake driving licence, fake identity, former girlfriend, gym instructor, jeweller, kangra, manik, marxist leader, narender, police team, sim card, sim cards, smses