Himachal official held for briberyFebruary 23rd, 2008 - 12:50 am ICT by admin
Shimla, Feb 22 (IANS) A top Himachal Pradesh official has been caught allegedly taking bribes from industrial units in Baddi town in exchange for issuing licences, police said here late Friday. “The state drug licensing authority Sher Singh Thakur was nabbed while collecting money from various industrial units in the Baddi industrial area and Rs.495,000 recovered from him,” said S.P.S. Verma, police chief of Solan district.
Thakur was apparently doing rounds of industrial units and collecting bribes in the pharmaceutical hub, located 120 km from here. He was caught while allegedly taking money at Pramod Pharmaceuticals.
“We had complaints that Thakur had been making such collections frequently in lieu of issuing manufacturing licenses and product approvals. We’ve sealed his Solan house and are trying to seal other properties. More police parties have been dispatched to search his other properties,” Verma said.
- Himachal official convicted in graft case - Jun 28, 2011
- Ghaziabad architect caught taking bribe - Apr 20, 2012
- Himachal 'anardana' business turns juicy - Oct 03, 2011
- Punjab civil surgeon held taking bribe - Jul 25, 2012
- Two arrested in housing fraud case - Jun 20, 2011
- Battle begins for Nepal's casino kingdom - Jul 04, 2011
- Man arrested for usurping NRI's property - May 22, 2011
- Himachal invites private funds for food processing - Jun 12, 2012
- IAF officer to be court-martialled for bribery - Apr 07, 2011
- Himachal official detained for graft - Feb 25, 2008
- Himachal's Baddi industrial area to have effluent plant - Nov 17, 2010
- Senior narcotics control officer arrested for graft - Sep 06, 2009
- Drug bureau official sent to three-day CBI remand - Sep 07, 2009
- Cop, engineers, accountant caught taking bribes - Jul 21, 2012
- Shortage of drug inspectors in Himachal irks court - Mar 21, 2012