Himachal medical college teacher suspended for sexual harassmentApril 14th, 2009 - 12:46 am ICT by IANS
Shimla, April 13 (IANS) The Rajendra Prasad Medical College in Himachal Pradesh’s Tanda town was once again in the news Monday after one of its senior faculty members was suspended on charges of sexual harassment of a girl student, an official said.
“R.S. Yadav (of the department of biochemistry) was placed under suspension by the state government on the basis of charges levelled against him by a girl student,” Principal Secretary (health) Deepak Sanan told IANS.
He said the government had initiated action on the basis of a complaint filed against Yadav by the student in connection with a case of sexual harassment.
Sources in the college said the girl had also appeared in front of a three-member panel formed by the Supreme Court that visited the college last week to probe the death of first year MBBS student Aman Kachru. The panel had told her to file a fresh complaint against Yadav to the college authorities.
They said Yadav was placed under suspension last year too on charges of sexual harassment of another girl student. However, his suspension was revoked by the government.
The Tanda medical college is already in news for the death of 19-year-old Kachru. He died March 8 after being ragged allegedly by four final-year students of the college.
- College teacher accused of sexual harassment reinstated - Jul 23, 2010
- Three students held for ragging in Himachal - Aug 04, 2011
- Aman Kachru ragging case: Court to pronounce verdict Nov 11 - Oct 30, 2010
- Four students guilty of ragging to death Aman Kachru - Nov 11, 2010
- Kachru ragging death: Guilty get four years' rigorous imprisonment (Roundup) - Nov 11, 2010
- Kachru ragging: Guilty get four years' rigorous imprisonment (Second Lead) - Nov 11, 2010
- Kachru's father deposes in ragging death case - Aug 28, 2010
- Verdict in Aman Kachru's ragged-to-death case Thursday - Nov 10, 2010
- Bail to ragging accused sends wrong message: Kachru's father - Jul 18, 2010
- Ragging accused sent to judicial custody - Aug 06, 2011
- Four accused in Kachru ragging granted bail - Jul 18, 2010
- Bail cancelled for Aman Kachru ragging accused - Jul 28, 2010
- Four convicted in Aman Kachru ragged-to-death case (Lead) - Nov 11, 2010
- Himachal pleads against bail to Kachru ragging accused - Jul 21, 2010
- Kachru ragging case: Court questions Himachal on accused's bail - Jul 22, 2010
Tags: college authorities, college teacher, deepak, faculty members, girl student, Health Science, himachal pradesh, medical college, member panel, principal secretary, rajendra prasad, sanan, sexual harassment, state government, supreme court, tanda, yadav