Himachal government asked to file fresh affidavit on BrakelJuly 9th, 2008 - 6:49 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, July 9 (IANS) The Himachal Pradesh High Court Wednesday asked the state government to file a detailed affidavit regarding its show-cause notice to the Dutch company Brakel Corporation over two proposed hydropower plants. As the matter came up for the resumed hearing, a division bench comprising Chief Justice Jagdish Bhalla and Justice Rajiv Sharma directed the state counsel to file the affidavit within 10 days.
The government July 7 issued a show-cause notice to Brakel, asking why its contract for two hydropower projects should not be cancelled.
It asked the company to explain why the allotment of the 960 MW Thopan-Powari project and the Jangi-Thopan project in Kinnaur district should not be cancelled and the upfront premium deposited by it forfeited.
The government took a serious note of the company allegedly giving wrong information to it regarding its financial and technical competence.
- Himachal wants to re-allot hydro-power project to Brakel - Jul 25, 2010
- Himachal losing Rs.100-cr a year on delayed hydro project - Apr 05, 2011
- Himachal court cancels allotment of hydropower project to Brakel - Oct 07, 2009
- Himachal penalises Dutch firm Rs.280 cr for project delay - Dec 05, 2009
- Dhumal details loss due to delay in hydropower project - Dec 08, 2010
- Himachal Pradesh to issue show-cause notice to Brakel - Oct 22, 2009
- Himachal losing Rs.150 crore a year on power project - Aug 23, 2011
- Court notice to Himachal government over power project - Mar 17, 2010
- Himachal issues show-cause notice to Brakel (Lead) - Jul 08, 2008
- Himachal High Court dismisses Reliance Energy plea - Jul 31, 2008
- Himachal Pradesh High Court dismisses Reliance Energy petition - Oct 30, 2008
- Probe demanded into Himachal hydropower project contract - Oct 09, 2009
- Reliance Energy takes Himachal government, Brakel to court - Dec 23, 2008
- Himachal signs power project agreement with Brakel - Apr 09, 2009
- Court pulls up Himachal government on power projects - Jun 04, 2008