Himachal firm gives Rs.25 mn for flood-hit BiharSeptember 6th, 2008 - 10:28 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Sep 6 (IANS) Hydropower giant Satluj Vidyut Nigam Limited (SJVNL) has contributed Rs.25 million to the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund for Bihar flood victims, an official said here Saturday.SJVNL chairman and managing director H.K. Sharma Friday handed over the cheque of Rs.25 million to Union Power Minister Jairam Ramesh in Delhi, Vijay Verma, deputy general manager of the company, told IANS.
“About 700 employees of the SJVNL also contributed their one-day’s salary to help the flood victims,” he said.
The 1,500 MW Nathpa Jhakri project in Kinnaur district of Himachal Pradesh, which is the maiden project of the SJVNL, commenced commercial generation from its six units of 250 MW each in September 2003.
The flood situation in Bihar, triggered by the surging waters of the Kosi river, continues to be grave with hundreds of villages under water, millions displaced and many still waiting for rescue.
- SJVNL declares Rs.333.9 crore dividend - Sep 13, 2011
- SJVNL declares Rs.388.84 crore dividend - Sep 04, 2012
- SJVNL's second plant to start power generation in December - Jul 25, 2012
- Himachal hydropower plants remain shut for third day - Aug 22, 2012
- SJVNL achieves record power generation - Oct 09, 2011
- SJVNL's net sales up by seven percent - Jul 30, 2010
- Hydropower projects remain shut, north India hit - Jul 26, 2011
- Himachal hydropower projects shut, north India hit - Aug 02, 2012
- SJVNL declares Rs.328.20 crore dividend - Sep 17, 2010
- Hydropower major forays into wind power - Feb 09, 2012
- Rising silt keeps Himachal hydropower plants shut - Aug 21, 2012
- Himachal hydro projects resume power generation - Aug 03, 2012
- Second SJVNL hydro project to be commissioned by 2013 - Feb 08, 2011
- Record power generation by Himachal plant - Apr 01, 2012
- Himachal's hydropower plants shut, power shortage in north (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012