Himachal family seeks help to get man’s body from LebanonMarch 13th, 2008 - 4:57 pm ICT by admin
Shimla, March 13 (IANS) Unable to afford to bring back the body of a Himachal Pradesh man from Lebanon, his family has now appealed to the external affairs ministry for help. Kanshi Ram, in his 20s, died in a road accident in the Lebanese town of Zoni March 3.
His wife Rukmani Devi said another Indian called Rawat informed her over phone about the death of her husband on the day he died.
She was assured that the body would be sent in a couple of days to India but that did not happen.
According to the latest information with Rukmani Devi, the body would only be released and flown to India after some Rs.300,000 is deposited with the Lebanese government. It isn’t clear why the company isn’t paying to release the body, she said.
Kanshi Ram, who hails from Mandi district’s Tanda village, some 180 km from here, was working for a private company in Lebanon for the past four years.
Now the family has approached the Minister of State for External Affairs Anand Sharma for help. Sharma hails from Himachal Pradesh.
“We have also requested the state government for help,” said M. Chandershekar, Mandi district police chief Thursday.
- To pull tourists, Himachal books its legends (IANS Books)(With Image) - Aug 24, 2011
- Captive sailor's family pleads with government - Aug 09, 2012
- Former union minister Sukh Ram bereaved - Apr 23, 2010
- 21 die of mite disease in Himachal - Oct 08, 2011
- Four students guilty of ragging to death Aman Kachru - Nov 11, 2010
- Convicts freed early, ragging victim's father slams system - Aug 18, 2012
- Sukh Ram in coma, counsel tells court (Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Three students held for ragging in Himachal - Aug 04, 2011
- Sukh Ram in coma, counsel tells court (Second Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Police guarding Lebanese envoy's house in Syria killed - Sep 05, 2012
- Eight pilgrims killed in Himachal accident - Jul 15, 2012
- Eight pilgrims killed in Himachal (Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- Kachroo ragging case: Convicts may return to college - Aug 23, 2012
- Narcotics official held for taking bribe - May 16, 2012
- Kargil martyr's parents look to SC, president for hope - Jul 26, 2012