Himachal district official’s house floodedAugust 13th, 2011 - 10:46 pm ICT by IANS
Una (Himachal Pradesh), Aug 13 (IANS) A Himachal Pradesh official, who was busy in overseeing flood relief work in Una district, Saturday found that his own house has been inundated due to torrential rains.
“I was busy taking flood relief measures but I came to know that my own house is flooded,” Una Deputy Commissioner K.R. Bharti told IANS.
“More than two feet water entered my house, damaging some official files and books,” he added.
He said since his house was located in a low-lying area, it was severely affected. His family members moved to safer ground after the flooding.
According to the Met office in state capital Shimla, Una was the wettest place in the state with a rainfall of 342.6 mm since Friday.
The Swan rivulet, a tributary of the Satluj, that passes close to the town is in spate.
“The water level in the Swan increased due to heavy rainfall in its catchment area in the past 24 hours,” Bharti added.
- Himachal gets season's first snow amid rains (Lead) - Aug 13, 2011
- Five rescued from swollen Himachal river - Jul 15, 2011
- 39 people have died in Himachal rains - Sep 10, 2011
- Widespread rains in Himachal - Jul 09, 2011
- Tehri water rises, Yamuna abates in Haryana (Roundup) - Sep 21, 2010
- Incessant rains in Himachal, rivers in spate - Aug 21, 2012
- Rain fury in north India, rivers in spate (Roundup) - Sep 23, 2010
- Scanty rainfall in Himachal, river levels down - Sep 09, 2012
- Himachal rivers in spate, alert sounded - Jul 26, 2011
- Yamuna, Chambal rivers in spate - Aug 25, 2012
- Rains batter Andhra Pradesh - Sep 04, 2012
- Incessant rains in Himachal, rivers in spate (Lead) - Sep 22, 2010
- Heavy rains predicted in Himachal - Sep 21, 2010
- Punjab, Haryana on alert as flood threat looms (Lead) - Aug 23, 2010
- Himachal rivers in spate, may spell trouble for Punjab, Haryana - Sep 22, 2010