Himachal court questions government on ailing cancer centreMay 30th, 2012 - 9:29 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, May 30 (IANS) The Himachal Pradesh High Court Wednesday directed the state government to file a reply on why posts of medical physicists and physicist technicians in the regional cancer centre here, of the Indira Gandhi Medical College and Hospital, had not been filled.
The court noted that it was only on account of delay in filling vacancies that the cobalt unit for radiotherapy had not become functional, despite dire need of its services.
A division bench comprising Chief Justices Kurian Joseph and Dharamchand Chaudhary passed the order on the writ petition of Namita Maniktala on non-implementation of the of the National Cancer Control Programme in the state.
The petitioner had requested increase of bed capacity in the hospital, in view of the increasing numbers of patients.
The bench directed the state to clarify whether it had assessed the need for more beds in terms of the larger numbers of patients availing chemotherapy.
“It shall also be clarified that what steps have been taken to implement the National Cancer Control Mission in the state,” the bench observed.
The state has been directed to file its reply within a month, and the next hearing has been fixed for July 11.
- Court comes down hard on Himachal government - Aug 15, 2011
- All metro hospitals to get tips on emergency treatment - Mar 23, 2011
- Draw up workable scheme for free treatment to poor patients: Apex court - Aug 25, 2011
- Shortage of drug inspectors in Himachal irks court - Mar 21, 2012
- Himachal directed to ban smoking at public places - Jul 24, 2012
- Tata Memorial Cancer Hospital to be expanded - Jun 13, 2012
- Three vacancies for judges in apex court - Aug 08, 2011
- Notice to DLF, Himachal government on housing project - Oct 17, 2011
- Government should implement reservation for disabled: MP - May 02, 2012
- High court questions Himachal on quota for disabled - Sep 02, 2011
- 498 reserved posts lying vacant in top govt. hospitals: Azad - Dec 10, 2010
- Court notice on JNNURM-funded Shimla tunnel - Jul 25, 2012
- Chandigarh administration directed to compensate for negligence - Jun 18, 2011
- Delhi Government to compensate the fatal victim of radiation scrap material - Apr 29, 2010
- Omar shocked by photos of monkey on hospital bed - Jul 05, 2012
Tags: beds, cancer control, chemotherapy, chief justices, cobalt, court noted that, dire need, division bench, gandhi medical college, himachal pradesh, indira gandhi, medical physicists, national cancer, petitioner, physicist, regional cancer centre, shimla, state government, vacancies, writ petition