Himachal cops step up security near China border (Lead)September 9th, 2009 - 5:50 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Sep 9 (IANS) Security has been strengthened along the international border in Himachal Pradesh’s Kinnaur and Lahaul and Spiti districts following reports of Chinese incursions into Ladakh in Jammu and Kashmir, police officials said Wednesday.
“Security has been stepped up along the border after the reports of intrusion of Chinese troops in the Ladakh sector,” Additional Superintendent of Police (Lahaul and Spiti) S.R. Rana told IANS on phone.
Special police forces have been deployed at the last checkpost at Sumdoh in Spiti subdivision, he said. Sumdoh is located on the border of Kinnaur and Lahaul and Spiti districts.
Superintendent of Police (Kinnaur) Yashbir Singh Pathania said: “The ITBP (Indo-Tibetan Border Police) and the army are manning the international border. We have stepped up security in villages located along the border.”
Sources in the ITBP said the paramilitary force has also strengthened its checkposts at Chitkul, the last Indian village on the border, and Namgya near Khab in Pooh subdivision.
Himachal Pradesh shares a 200 km border with China.
- Himachal cops step up security along China border - Sep 09, 2009
- Himachal steps up vigil along China border - Jan 11, 2011
- Landslides close Himachal national highway - Sep 06, 2011
- International racket behind rare wood smuggled to China: Police (Lead) - Aug 28, 2010
- Seized red sanders wood was en route to China - Aug 27, 2010
- Police seize bribe money in rare wood smuggling case - Sep 22, 2010
- Himachal police zero in on rare wood smuggler - Sep 10, 2010
- Chinese intrusion: Dhumal writes to Manmohan Singh - Mar 25, 2012
- Guarding borders, soothing lives at India-China border - Jun 09, 2011
- 17 labourers killed in Himachal accident - Feb 14, 2012
- Snow, rain in Himachal - Sep 19, 2010
- Hundreds of tourists stranded in Himachal Pradesh - Aug 20, 2012
- Red sanders en route to China seized in Himachal - Dec 09, 2011
- Himachal rivers in spate, alert sounded - Jul 07, 2010
- Smuggled pashmina wool seized in Himachal - Sep 06, 2011
Tags: border police, chinese troops, himachal pradesh, incursions, indo, international border, intrusion, itbp, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, khab, kinnaur, ladakh, paramilitary force, police forces, police officials, rana, special police, spiti, tibetan border