Himachal bureaucrat’s bail plea hearing reservedOctober 14th, 2008 - 8:05 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Oct 14 (IANS) A Himachal Pradesh court reserved its order for Wednesday in the bail application of a senior bureaucrat who was arrested from Haryana’s Panchkula town Oct 8 for alleged corruption, an official said Tuesday.The State Vigilance Bureau sought police remand for seven days of Subhash Ahluwalia, former principal secretary to former chief minister Virbhadra Singh, stating that since his arrest he has remained admitted to the hospital.
“Special district and sessions judge J.L. Gupta after hearing the prosecution has posted the bail plea hearing for tomorrow (Wednesday),” Ashok Sharma, a spokesperson for the vigilance bureau, told IANS.
On Monday, the judge reserved his order on the accused bail petition.
Ahluwalia, a 1989 batch Indian Administrative Service officer, and his wife Meera were questioned by vigilance officials about his sources of income after the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) came to power in January this year.
Ahluwalia is being accused of misusing state funds to amass unaccounted assets during his tenure as principal secretary to Virbhadra Singh.
The vigilance has seized 18 bank accounts worth Rs.10 million in Ahluwalia’s name, according to officials.
The vigilance also found that the accused owned orchards in Shimla district and apartments at Panchkula, Kansal near Chandigarh and Gurgaon.
Meera Ahluwalia, who was the principal of a leading girls’ college in Shimla, was also accused of going on foreign jaunts paid by private companies while holding a government job.
- Police remand of Himachal Pradesh bureaucrat extended - Oct 16, 2008
- Himachal bureaucrat to be quizzed for suspected graft - Oct 09, 2008
- Suspension of controversial Himachal bureaucrat revoked - Jun 17, 2009
- Virbhadra Singh seeks speedy trial in graft case - Sep 07, 2012
- Himachal bureaucrat's bail plea order again reserved - Oct 15, 2008
- Himachal IAS officer arrested in disproportionate assets case - Oct 08, 2008
- Himachal asked to give details on its tainted officials - Sep 04, 2010
- Judicial remand for senior Himachal Pradesh bureaucrat - Oct 20, 2008
- Senior Himachal Pradesh bureaucrat granted bail - Oct 22, 2008
- Himachal bureaucrat gets time to respond to narco test plea - Nov 22, 2008
- Graft case: Virbhadra Singh fails to get reprieve in court - Jan 07, 2012
- Court order on Virbhadra's bail cancellation Sep 15 - Sep 12, 2012
- Graft case: Virbhadra exempted from personal appearance - Dec 16, 2010
- Virbhadra graft case: Court reserves order - Jan 05, 2012
- Virbhadra voice CD in a graft case played in court - May 31, 2012