Himachal braces for rain, snowJanuary 2nd, 2012 - 4:21 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Jan 2 (IANS) The hills of Himachal Pradesh are likely to experience rain and snowfall this week, the weather office here said Monday.
“There are chances of rain and snowfall as western disturbances will remain active in the western Himalayan region from Wednesday,” Meteorological Office director Manmohan Singh told IANS here.
Most prominent tourist towns like Shimla, Narkanda, Kufri, Kalpa, Dalhousie and Manali are likely to see light to moderate spells of snowfall, he said.
State capital Shimla, which received 1.8 mm of showers in the past 24 hours, recorded a night temperature of 2.9 degrees Celsius.
Keylong in Lahaul and Spiti district was the coldest place in the state, with a low of minus 6.6 degrees, while it was minus 2.5 degrees in Kalpa in Kinnaur district, 2 degrees in Manali and 4.1 degrees in Dharamsala.
- More snow in Himachal, high alert in state (Lead) - Jan 15, 2012
- It's snowing Valentine's fun in Himachal - Feb 13, 2012
- Himachal may experience heavy snow, rain - Mar 01, 2011
- Snowfall in Himachal - Nov 18, 2010
- Himachal shivers, taps freeze in Shimla (Lead) - Jan 16, 2011
- Himachal's Keylong sees season's heaviest snow - Mar 05, 2012
- Shimla, Manali get more snowfall (Lead) - Feb 26, 2011
- Mild snowfall in Shimla, Manali - Mar 08, 2012
- Avalanche warning issued in upper Himachal - Feb 12, 2011
- Heavy rain, snow expected in Himachal - Feb 07, 2011
- Snow, rain continue in Himachal - Feb 14, 2012
- Shimla, Manali get snowfall, mercury dips (Lead) - Feb 16, 2011
- Shimla gets more snow - Jan 11, 2012
- No white New Year's Eve for Himachal's hill stations - Dec 31, 2011
- Hills near Shimla, Manali get more snow - Jan 15, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,