Himachal BJP to act against errant MP within weekAugust 3rd, 2011 - 11:29 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Aug 3 (IANS) The ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in Himachal Pradesh Wednesday said it would decide in a week on the action to be taken against party MP Rajan Sushant for launching a campaign against his party over corruption.
“A decision on the recent assertions of Sushant against the chief minister and other government functionaries will be taken within five to seven days by the party high command,” BJP national secretary Shyam Jaju told reporters here.
He said the state unit had apprised the party disciplinary committee about the assertions of the MP from Kangra.
“There will be no compromise for violating party discipline,” said Jaju, who is also party’s co-in charge in the state.
For quite some time, Sushant was openly criticising Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal. He was axed from the party’s state executive body in May for demanding ‘narco-analysis’ test of Dhumal and his cabinet ministers over corruption.
A minister in the previous Dhumal government in 1998, Sushant has also threatened to issue a list of corrupt people occupying high positions in the state. He has even threatened to resign as an MP.
Last month, he sought extra security, saying he fears danger to his life.
“I will move the high court if the state fails to provide me special security. I am facing threat from certain government functionaries and party activists against whom I have launched an anti-corruption campaign,” Sushant has told IANS.
- Himachal BJP to take call on errant MP within week - Feb 29, 2012
- BJP suspends Himachal MP - Mar 11, 2012
- Himachal BJP MP fears threat to life - Jul 10, 2011
- Himachal BJP MP alleges threat to life (Lead) - Jul 10, 2011
- Himachal BJP removes MP from state executive - May 24, 2011
- Himachal BJP seeks explanation from outspoken legislator - Jun 14, 2012
- BJP in damage control mode after rebels form new outfit (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Feb 12, 2012
- No truck with BJP rebels: Nadda - Feb 14, 2012
- Ruling BJP in trouble ahead of assembly polls (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Feb 05, 2012
- Himachal government promoting realtors: Congress - May 14, 2011
- We will give Lokayukta more powers in Himachal: Chief Minister (Interview) - Dec 30, 2011
- BJP appoints new Himachal unit chief - Feb 20, 2012
- Tough road ahead for Dhumal in election year (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Feb 25, 2012
- Himachal BJP rebels seek probe against minister - Mar 02, 2012
- Shanta Kumar questions BJP's 'back to power' dream (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - May 19, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,