Himachal bans mobile phones during school examsMarch 2nd, 2009 - 10:24 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, March 2 (IANS) Mobile phones will ring trouble both for the invigilators and the students in Himachal Pradesh during the board examinations that commence Tuesday, an official here said Monday.
“To avoid disturbance during board examinations, we have decided to impose a ban on the use of mobile phones in the examination centres,” Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education chairman C.L. Gupta told IANS.
He said even the examiners would not be allowed to carry mobile phones inside the examination halls.
The board examinations are starting Tuesday. Nearly 425,000 students would appear for the Class VIII, X and XII examinations.
- Ex-servicemen to invigilate in Himachal school exams - Feb 25, 2012
- No evidence of racial bias against Dana: Amity varsity - May 04, 2012
- 'Personal reasons may have driven Dana to suicide' (Lead) - May 04, 2012
- Amity students hold candlelight vigil for Dana Sangma - Apr 27, 2012
- Four officials taken hostage by Himachal villagers freed (Lead) - Jun 23, 2011
- Himachal Congress walks out of assembly over exam scam - Dec 07, 2010
- Himachal villagers take officials hostage - Jun 22, 2011
- Ensure power during exams: Akhikesh - Mar 21, 2012
- Gurgaon students hold demonstrations for Dana Sangma - May 01, 2012
- No more class 8 board exams in Himachal - Mar 12, 2010
- Girl student made to take off shirt during exam - Mar 27, 2010
- Two cases of suicide in Gurgaon - May 02, 2012
- Dhumal announces sops on I-Day - Aug 15, 2012
- UP to promote IT sector - Apr 02, 2012
- Himachal Police sings awareness tunes - Sep 20, 2011