Hills near Shimla, Manali get more snowJanuary 15th, 2012 - 2:08 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Jan 15 (IANS) Hills near the popular tourist destinations of Shimla and Manali Sunday saw moderate snowfall, a weather official said here predicting more snow in the region.
“The Kufri hill slopes near Shimla and Kothi and Marhi near Manali have been experiencing moderate snowfall since Sunday early,” a spokesperson for the meteorological office told IANS.
He said the higher hills in Lahaul and Spiti, Chamba, Kinnaur, Shimla and Kullu districts experienced moderate to heavy snowfall.
“The chances of more snowfall in the mid and higher hills are more Sunday night as western disturbances are active the region,” he said.
Popular tourist destinations Shimla, Kasauli, Manali, Dharamsala, Chamba and Dalhousie have been experiencing intermittent rain.
However, the air link between New Delhi and Himachal was normal Sunday.
The state capital recorded a low of 2.6 degrees Celsius early Sunday, while it was minus 1.4 degrees in Manali, minus 3 degrees in Kalpa in Kinnaur district and 3.5 degrees in Dharamsala.
- Hills near Shimla, Manali get snowfall (Lead) - Jan 03, 2010
- More snow in Himachal, high alert in state (Lead) - Jan 15, 2012
- More snow in Shimla, Manali (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Heavy snow in Himachal, tourists stuck (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Himachal towns get snow after 35 years (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- Manali wrapped in white again - Jan 05, 2012
- It's snowing Valentine's fun in Himachal - Feb 13, 2012
- Mild snowfall in Shimla, Manali - Mar 08, 2012
- More snow, Shimla records season's lowest temperature - Jan 09, 2012
- Shimla, Manali get more snowfall (Lead) - Feb 26, 2011
- Himachal shivers, Shimla sees coldest night of season - Jan 16, 2011
- Avalanche threat in Himachal - Jan 16, 2012
- Hills near Shimla get season's first snowfall - Dec 29, 2010
- No white New Year's Eve for Himachal's hill stations - Dec 31, 2011
- Himachal sees fresh snowfall, gets colder - Jan 30, 2011