Hillary Clinton congratulates Israel on 60th birthdayMay 9th, 2008 - 12:21 pm ICT by admin
Washington, May 9 (DPA) Senator Hillary Clinton, who is battling to keep her head above water in the waning days of the Democratic battle for the presidential nomination, has sent her “heartfelt congratulations to the people of Israel” on the occasion of the country’s 60th anniversary. But she warned that the “Jewish state is still not safe”.
“In every generation, Israel faces serious challenges to its security and threats to its existence,” Clinton said in a statement Thursday.
She said if she were elected president of the US, she would “continue and strengthen” the bonds that have tied the US and Israel together since the US “recognised Israel at birth”.
- US Democrat Geraldine passes away, aged 75 - Mar 27, 2011
- Clinton won't stay on even if Obama gets second term - Mar 17, 2011
- Clinton's remarks on Israeli democracy spark lawmakers' ire - Dec 05, 2011
- Obama makes peace with Bill Clinton to improve his approval ratings - Jul 18, 2010
- Of legends and stars: Mamata, Hillary discuss Tagore, SRK - May 07, 2012
- Israel may attack Iran before US election: Report - Aug 23, 2012
- US Secretary of State Clinton congratulates the people of Tunisia on national holiday - Mar 21, 2010
- Pranab, a strong partner to America: Hillary Clinton - Jul 26, 2012
- Clinton, Morsi discuss US-Egypt relations - Jul 15, 2012
- US will not suspend aid to Haiti over electoral crisis: Hillary Clinton - Jan 31, 2011
- Clinton cancels trip for mother's illness - Nov 01, 2011
- Obama not invited, but Indian American Chatwal makes it to Chelsea Clinton's wedding - Jul 31, 2010
- This is my last government job: Hillary Clinton - Dec 04, 2010
- India's Independence Day: Clinton vows to strengthen bilateral ties - Aug 13, 2010
- Sri Lankans have contributed to US culture: Clinton - Feb 03, 2011