Highlights of Manmohan-Gilani meetingNovember 10th, 2011 - 5:16 pm ICT by IANS
Key highlights and outcomes of the first formal talks between the two leaders since India and Pakistan resumed their peace process early this year:
* Both Manmohan Singh and Gilani vowed to open “a new chapter” in bilateral ties by putting accusations and counter-accusations to an end.
* Both hoped the next round of dialogue will be more productive and constructive.
* India pressed for bringing perpetrators of 26/11 attacks to justice. Pakistan assured to conclude trial of 26/11 accused soon.
* Pakistan to send judicial commission to India soon to quicken 26/11 trial.
* Home Secretaries to discuss terror and security-related issues in New Delhi in December.
* With Pakistan granting India MFN status, both will now work towards a Preferential Trade Agreement (PTA).
* Commerce secretaries to meet in New Delhi Nov 14.
* Joint commission, which held its last meeting in 2005, to be revived.
* Visa liberalization agreement to be signed at earliest.
* To fast-track implementation of cross-Kashmir trade and travel.
- India, Pakistan unveil 'new chapter', agree on 26/11 justice - Nov 10, 2011
- India-Pakistan ties: A year of building trust (Yearender) - Dec 19, 2011
- India, Pakistan target doubled trade in three years - Sep 28, 2011
- Pakistan says will cooperate with India in Mumbai probe (Second Lead) - Jul 26, 2011
- Foreign ministers of India, Pakistan to meet July 27 (Lead) - Jul 21, 2011
- India, Pakistan to firm up agenda for foreign ministers Tuesday (Lead) - Jul 25, 2011
- Three years after 26/11, India, Pakistan talk of new chapter - Nov 25, 2011
- India, Pakistan focus on implementing trade deal - Nov 14, 2011
- Cross-Kashmir CBMs ahead of India, Pakistan talks - Jul 16, 2011
- New visa regime to top India-Pakistan talks - Sep 05, 2012
- Pakistan says Kasab should be hanged, but hedges on Hafiz Saeed - Nov 10, 2011
- 26/11: Pakistani judicial panel begins visit to India (Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- No MFN status yet for India: Pakistani minister - Jan 18, 2012
- Pakistan wants to settle all issues with India: Gilani - Nov 16, 2011
- Manmohan to examine Gilani's request for exporting power from Punjab - Mar 28, 2012
Tags: accusations, bilateral ties, dialogue, fast track, implementation, india and pakistan, judicial commission, kashmir, liberalization, manmohan, manmohan singh, mfn status, new chapter, New Delhi, peace process, perpetrators, preferential trade agreement, pta, secretaries, visa