High-tech mobiles used in AIIMS paper leakJanuary 9th, 2012 - 11:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 9 (IANS) High-end mobile phones with powerful camera and bluetooth devices were the tools used by three young men to scan the AIIMS post graduate entrance exam paper and send it to an email id outside the exam hall. How did they manage to smuggle the devices in?
An apparent lack of frisking at the examination centre in Sector 28 Noida helped the three accused secret in their Sony Xperia and Nokia Lumia phones with camera, specific softwares and bluetooth device to scan the question papers.
Amit Punia, who did his MBBS from PGI Rohtak, Kapil Kumar, 27, MBA graduate from Jamia Milia university and Krishan Pratap, 27, MA in public administration from Jamia Milia university and an MBA from IMC Meerut were the three young men arrested along with two others for attempting to leak the question paper.
The blue tooth and the earphone were used to confirm whether the transmitted photographs were legible.
They had the bluetooth device stitched to their shirts and a minute earphone was given to one of the accused.
Punia, along with Kumar and Pratap, the latter two posing as medical students, entered the hall with their gadgets. As soon as the three got the question papers, they clicked pictures of the papers and sent it to an email id of Bhisham Singh, 27, who was operating a computer in a rented accommodation outside the hall.
Singh downloaded the question paper and took out printouts.
Mohit Choudhary, 23, who hails from Bulandshahr (Uttar Pradesh) was the gang leader.
As soon as he got the question paper he was to take it to some people to get it solved, and give the answers on phone to some candidates who were willing to pay a huge amount.
However, he was arrested before he could do so.
- AIIMS exam racket busted, five arrested (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- AIIMS exam racket busted, five arrested (Second Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Two doctors arrested in AIIMS exam leak racket (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- AIIMS paper leak accused sent to jail till Feb 14 - Jan 31, 2012
- AIIMS paper leak accused sent to police custody - Jan 10, 2012
- 3 held for trying to leak SBI exam paper (Lead) - May 28, 2012
- AIIMS paper leak accused sent to judicial custody - Jan 17, 2012
- Nokia announces launch of Lumia family phones - Nov 14, 2011
- AIIMS exam racket busted, five arrested - Jan 09, 2012
- Nokia launches Lumia 610 for Rs.12,999 in India - Jul 06, 2012
- IIM aspirants, here's cracking new CAT format - Oct 18, 2011
- 18 Chinese held for selling cheating devices - Jun 11, 2010
- Amity students hold candlelight vigil for Dana Sangma - Apr 27, 2012
- 'Personal reasons may have driven Dana to suicide' (Lead) - May 04, 2012
- Caution! Walking with headphones could kill - Jan 30, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,