High-speed crash kills three bikers in UPJuly 18th, 2012 - 4:44 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 18 (IANS) Three youngsters were killed early Wednesday when their motorcycles crashed into each other while they were racing at high speeds in Uttar Pradesh’s Achalganj town in Unnao district, around 40 km from here, police said.
There were five youths on two bikes, racing at high speeds and performing stunts late Tuesday. The bikes crashed into each other when the youths lost control, according to locals.
Two other youngsters have also been injured in the accident.
While one of the dead has not been identified, the other two have been identified as Pankaj Pandey and Raj Kumar, police said.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem examination.
The Unnao superintendent of police, however, denied stunt as being the reason behind the crash. “I am told that the bikes were running at high speed when the youths lost control and crashed into each other,” he said.
- At risk: Delhi bikers with need for speed (Feature) - Sep 27, 2011
- 13 Pandharpur pilgrims crushed by a speeding truck - Jul 25, 2011
- Couple found dead at home - Jan 27, 2012
- Four killed, four injured as car rams into tree - Mar 17, 2011
- Three oil plant workers suffocate to death - Jan 09, 2012
- 14 killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - Jul 20, 2012
- Delhi cop robbed of seized bike by traffic violator - Jun 14, 2012
- Lamborghini crash: Injured cyclist paralysed (Second Lead) - Feb 20, 2012
- 86 rogue bikers penalised in Delhi - May 14, 2012
- Biker killed on Diwali - Oct 27, 2011
- Doctor arrested for selling corpses (Lead) - Nov 18, 2010
- Three killed in Tripura road mishap - Dec 06, 2011
- Six killed in Maharashtra bus accident - Apr 12, 2011
- Three dead, over 50 hurt in plane crash in US - Sep 17, 2011
- Two bodies found at Juhu beach - Apr 19, 2011